Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Yep a lot jobs will be back with social distancing and mask wearing when you on a football pitch with 22 players plays everything around that it’s ideal the ideal environment to get this virus. If there was a test that was 100% accurate I’d say test everyone Daily and it be safe for football until then football should be just put on the back burner.
Agree totally

There are reports coming out of Israel that they have developed a key component of a vaccine. I heard this last night and posted it and expected to wake up to the news everywhere but it's not on the BBC. I am wondering if it's not true?

Here's a link from NY Timeshttps://www.nytimes.com/reuters/202...ters-health-coronavirus-israel-treatment.html

There's also this in Nature from what looks like Chinese researchers on the same lines. I suspect China got their first and it has prompted the Israelis to make the claim.

Paper in Nature from what looks like Chinese researchers:

https://rdcu.be/b3WPD

Edit: Those researchers are based out of Utrecht Uni: Netherlands.

Last edited:
On what do you base that.

I honestly think this behind close doors idea would be a damp squib and a total failure with little or no interest shown by fans. As others have said it would be the death of nearly every club outside the premier league and quite possibly some in it.

Based on this crisis isn’t going anywhere for a long time.I’d amazed if this is the last lockdown and there isn’t a 2nd and 3rd wave of this virus over the few months. You can’t suddenly allow 50000 people to go to football matches all over the country. Yes behind closed doors will be shit but it will still get decent viewing figures especially as there won’t be a great deal else to do and most the lost gate receipts will be made up by tv showing every game which will obviously be sold across the world.

I agree that it will be almost impossible for the majority of clubs outside the the Premier League but frankly they won’t give a shit because as we know it’s all about money. The only way they could survive is if the Premier League bail them out. Let’s face it though we live in a rich country that has struggled to supply enough health equipment to doctors and nurses. Without getting too deep that rather sums up the imbalance of the country and when viewed like that smaller football clubs have very little hope of being looked after.

If they decide to go with next season behind close doors, then it it is what it is.
But don't come Xmas time if it's safe let's have to go through the charade of trying to get fans back in and fuck up another season.

We will restart the league

they will get their 6 points and all of a sudden Players within Their squad will come out with he virus resulting in the league being called off
Might be right but we are a few weeks away from even someone saying they're going going to relax the lockdown conditions sufficiently for players to train safely. We will then have to wait for some of our squad to fly in and go through a quarantine period, perhaps they will have speedy boarding tickets and get through these checks quicker? Then we will have the farce of trying to train, get fit, practice match drills, tactics, so allow another 3 or 4 weeks for this, come July i would think we'lll have enough evidence of second waves and third waves happening so the virus will spread through the player squads or cause enough restrictions to knock it on the head. Who knows?

Assuming everything is safe - if they want to play behind closed doors for a year or so, scrap VAR and have 5 subs then if that’s what it takes to get it going again then that’s what it takes

But it must start as a new season. Competition rules and venues/circumstances cannot be rewritten 2/3rds through a season. There is no way any of the bottom 10 will sign up for this and nor should they

In regards going myself, I don’t think I’ll be comfortable queuing up or being on the concourse for quite some time. More likely that I’ll watch Altrincham for a few months and see how it all pans out

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.