Reading glasses

It gets worse when you keep forgetting things

Think it’s more to do with the older you get the more your in auto mode in every day life! It’s like before you go to bed you lock up but when you get to bed you think did I lock the back door? You have it’s just because you do it in auto mode because you have done it for the last 20 30 40 years.

Think it’s more to do with the older you get the more your in auto mode in every day life! It’s like before you go to bed you lock up but when you get to bed you think did I lock the back door? You have it’s just because you do it in auto mode because you have done it for the last 20 30 40 years.
The worst thing is going upstairs and standing on the landing wondering why you went upstairs :-(

Or...going to bed, just about to nod off and swmbo mentions the garage doors...

"are they shut..?? "

" of course...."

"you sure..."

" think so"

"Just go and check "

"Oh for fuck sake woman"

"were they shut..??"

"Possibly"

10 minutes later

" Dont suppose you checked the car windows when you were out...."

"and the gate...."

idaho, you might be both long sighted, and short sighted, without knowing it. That's a bloody nightmare. For about a year or two, I tried having two pairs of glasses, and switching them, but you're basically doing it all the time. Finally I got glasses with progressive lenses. Very expensive (the lenses), but I couldn't go back.

I'm 55 and have never worn glasses, always had good sight.....until I put on a pair of readers recently and realised how much visual loss has crept up on me, seeing graphics so clearly has given me a boost.
Should probably just get my eyes tested but what could be wrong with the cheap ones?
Don't fuck about, get prescription glasses. You'll be to see a lot more clearly which cousin you fancy shagging next mate; )

The bane of my life.
I have to have 3 strengths of glasses.
+1 readers for telly.
+ 2.5 readers for close up reading.
Long distance ones for driving.
The driving ones are the only ones I have made to my prescription.
I just buy the cheap readers from wilko or wherever. I lose them or break them anyway.
The drivers I keep in the car in a case cos they were expensive.
Last time I went for an eye test he said I was fine doing what I'm doing. Didn't try and flog me readers.

I remember the 'new' Woolworths at the bottom of Market Street. As soon as you walked in there was a counter with a fuckin' great mound of glasses - all sorts. Folk just walked up, tried a pair, Oh these are ok, and went and paid for 'em! I think they were just basically magnifying glasses. An hour later they probably had a splitting headache!

idaho, you might be both long sighted, and short sighted, without knowing it. That's a bloody nightmare. For about a year or two, I tried having two pairs of glasses, and switching them, but you're basically doing it all the time. Finally I got glasses with progressive lenses. Very expensive (the lenses), but I couldn't go back.

I have the same. Plus different in each eye.

I have 2 pairs of top quality glasses and about a dozen cheapo readers. I had brilliant eyesight until my mid 40s then like everything else the performance started to decay!

and just to add, prescription lenses are centred on your eye whereas cheapos are centred in the middle of the lens. Also your eyes can become oval, there is a proper name but I don't remember it. Again prescriptions will correct for this but cheapos won't. You will be able to tell when you look at your phone with them on. If the screen looks concave or convex then you're better off paying for good lenses.

Last edited:
Short sighted here, but perfect near vision. Thing is I can't wear the varifocals they disorientate me so the glasses I wear are on and off all the time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.