Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Gordon Taylor saying on Radio 4 that he can't see matches being played till mid june and the possibility of shorter halves is being looked at.

And bigger goals? Larger penalty areas? Little midfielders pressed into service as goalkeepers? The season will turn to farce, but if The Dippers get their points all is well. And the PL don't have to return the cash for no televised matches! The integrity of the competition will be shredded over the remaining nine rounds of matches as long as Project restart, er, starts 'n finishes.

I'm more concerned about next season. I can see a situation where the FOCs of The Etihad will be locked out as a consequence of an age-related return to normality. Wonder if my season ticket would be safe in those circumstances or do I get a letter - Dear FOC of CBL3, we see that HMG require you to remain locked down for some considerable time and consequently we have suspended yer ticket in 323 and awarded it to some whippersnapper on the waiting list; Yours . . . . . . . .

And bigger goals? Larger penalty areas? Little midfielders pressed into service as goalkeepers? The season will turn to farce, but if The Dippers get their points all is well. And the PL don't have to return the cash for no televised matches! The integrity of the competition will be shredded over the remaining nine rounds of matches as long as Project restart, er, starts 'n finishes.

I'm more concerned about next season. I can see a situation where the FOCs of The Etihad will be locked out as a consequence of an age-related return to normality. Wonder if my season ticket would be safe in those circumstances or do I get a letter - Dear FOC of CBL3, we see that HMG require you to remain locked down for some considerable time and consequently we have suspended yer ticket in 323 and awarded it to some whippersnapper on the waiting list; Yours . . . . . . . .

That's women's football.

Gordon Taylor saying on Radio 4 that he can't see matches being played till mid june and the possibility of shorter halves is being looked at.

Also the government drip-feed to test the water on a June resumption began this morning when they wheeled Jeremy Hunt former Health secretary out to say that he thought there would and should be a resumption next month because "it would lift the spirits of the nation". That sounds straight out of the Boris playbook. Bad news for clubs like Brighton who are objecting to a restart using neutral grounds who are about to be tarred as unpatriotic. I can see all the weaponry being deployed: moral blackmail, carrots, sticks etc. Be an interesting next couple of weeks.

Excellent . With that Gordon Taylor interview this morning it sounds as though we are finally entering the end game where they can justifiably say they have explored all options and cant find a mutually satisfying conclusion for all parties so we'll have to null and void the season.

Excellent . With that Gordon Taylor interview this morning it sounds as though we are finally entering the end game where they can justifiably say they have explored all options and cant find a mutually satisfying conclusion for all parties so we'll have to null and void the season.

2bh, I reckon they'll wait till the EFL can't be completed so it can be pressured into null and void, thus no promotion thus the threat of relegation removed, then the clubs will go for self-interest and greed and vote for the season to be done so they get their money and the Dippers get their title.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.