Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

When you say integrity do you mean that the very existence of some football clubs is in question? If not, consider that.

It's likely that if football does not restart some football cl

So when Rick Parry suggests a number of football clubs will go out of business you think he's joking?

tbh I don't know the scale of the financial liabilities facing football but few of you seem to be taking this into account.

Forget Liverpool. They are going to get the title anyway. Consider the potential impact on football of losing a huge slive of last years broadcasting revenue and next season's match-day revenue. How many clubs is that going to take out?
This is a worldwide pandemic,governments can't help save every business,football is just another business,it parts of it fail they have to suck it up like every other sector

Raab giving it out that resuming the PL would lift the spirits of the nation - behind closed doors - scrotes abounding. Obscene.[/QUOTE

Lifting the spirits of the nation is going to be the new mantra. Jeremy Hunt started it this morning. Yes it'll sure lift the nation's spirits except for the umpteen thousand people who have lost loved ones, the umpteen million people who aren't remotely interested in football, the front-line workers who'll be treated as less important than footballers, the people who have lost jobs and businesses.....yep, this is just what the doctor ordered.

How do the government know that playing football without fans is going to lift our spirits. Can someone post a survey to back this view up.
Boris said this week's ago,he has no fucking idea what watching football with no crowds and hearing every word said by the coaches and players is like,it is the crowds that lift the players and the country,also I do not want players and everyone else at risk to provide us with entertainment,what next,a doco of nurses wearing no PPE to lift spirits

When I was doing some pre season behind closed doors games for Sunderland, Kevin Ball asked if we could play 3 halfs of 30 minutes. Never mind that this doesn't make sense but I am throwing this into the ring & hopefully they will take it up. More time for adverts, more time for the players to mix etc.

Seems the premier run this country they got to the government
SPORT-PREVIEW-American-Owners-2-1.jpg

US club owners whispering in their ears -

Its amazing that the powers at be dont realise how stupid that are looking. Shorten halfs, playing in masks, empty stadium, locking the players up for 5 wks, playing on neutral grounds, playing 3 different games per day, leave a 3 car gap when parking, get changed at home, not use the showers, no relegation, etc etc. And we are to believe that the integrity of the league is being upheld.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.