Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Boom boom!
The Queen could have had her birthday 22 gun salute done with artificial 'booms';)

But if even l look down at all this crap currently being pushed, I am sure HM must think it is a right load of bollocks.
'One's spirits are not lifted'. (Although Queen Mum's often were)

shevtheblue that is not the right thing to do at the present. All sports be it football or any other team sport is the last thing for the restrictions to be lifted.
All you have to do is look at what has happened in Germany. The German Government started to lift the restrictions and all of a sudden the reinfection rate has started to rise. In Denmark they allowed certain schools to reopen and the infection rate started to rise again.

So what is there to say. They let football start again, and the infection rate will I have know doubt start to rise again.

Once the supporters find out where their team is playing, I have know doubt that they will gather to cheer them on their way to the ground. The police will be called to move the supporters along, some know doubt will refuse to move until the team bus has passed them by. If the police asks them to move they will probably say once the team bus has passed we will move. This could cause a either minor or a major scuffle with people getting injured, thus requiring ambulances to deal with those who are injured. This will be taking ambulances from where they are really needed.

All you can do is to write/e-mail your MP and ask him to put pressure on Mr Matt Hancock to ban all team sports until the end of August at the earliest.
I have just done that. To find out your mp's name just go on to google like I did. I type who is the mp for Middleton and Heywood and it gave me his name.
Just let my MP know my opinion on the matter in no uncertain terms!

So what would happen when a player or member of staff tests positive and the whole squad/support staff are quarantined along with their opposing numbers? Their games would subsequently have to be postponed so pushing back any chance of completing the whole thing in whatever the prescribed timescale is. Would those teams be docked points for not turning up?

When you say integrity do you mean that the very existence of some football clubs is in question? If not, consider that.

It's likely that if football does not restart some football cl

So when Rick Parry suggests a number of football clubs will go out of business you think he's joking?

tbh I don't know the scale of the financial liabilities facing football but few of you seem to be taking this into account.

Forget Liverpool. They are going to get the title anyway. Consider the potential impact on football of losing a huge slive of last years broadcasting revenue and next season's match-day revenue. How many clubs is that going to take out?
This is where the FA need to step in to make sure that this doesn't happen if at all possible. They will have to look at spreading the money in the game around a lot more fairly, even if that is in the short term until things settle down or we work out what the new normal is.
Realistically though, finishing or voiding this season may not have too much of an impact on this, the biggest issue is going to be whether or not people can attend matches next season or not. This is where the majority of lower league clubs get their money from, it's not as if Macclesfield Town are getting huge payments for Sky as they're on TV every weekend.
This should give the FA a huge push to have a good look at the disparity in football finances to ensure some sense of fairness and to help protect smaller clubs who aren't bankrolled by Sky. It probably won't though.
I don't see how playing Premier League games behind closed doors at neutral venues with 30 minute halves is going to help prevent Stockport County from going bust. I haven't been following this closely but in not sure if this whole 'integrity of the season' stuff is just for the Premier League or for every team in England, if it's just for the Premiership why isn't the 'integrity' of League 2 as important?
To me it would seem better for all clubs, not just a couple of Premier League ones but throughout the football pyramid, to just call this season a dud and put all our energy into making sure that next season starts in as safe and timely fashion as possible.
The fact is that plenty of businesses are going to disappear because of this virus and I'm not sure why the government and all the other entities involved need to put football ahead of any other business at this point, if football can change it's rules and regulations to get up and running again then why can't other businesses? It's not as if your local independent pub, hairdressers, butchers or whatever have the backing of worldwide billion dollar media companies, billionaire owners or powerful and rich governing bodies. It's time all the money in football was used to look after the game of football itself and not just the interests of the G14 clubs.
That would do more for 'the integrity of the game' than any ridiculous neutral venues, 30 minute half, get the Premier League concluded pile of shite 'festival of football'.

Fucking he'll mate, black people get it because of their social position. Not in the slightest. This bastard bug doesn't care. What was said is if a person of colour contracts it they are more likely to have it bad, recovery takes longer or is more likely to be fatal.

Social inequality exacerbates preconditions and exposure to the virus, and black people, on average, tend to be over-represented in poorer demographics.

This is where the FA need to step in to make sure that this doesn't happen if at all possible. They will have to look at spreading the money in the game around a lot more fairly, even if that is in the short term until things settle down or we work out what the new normal is.
Realistically though, finishing or voiding this season may not have too much of an impact on this, the biggest issue is going to be whether or not people can attend matches next season or not. This is where the majority of lower league clubs get their money from, it's not as if Macclesfield Town are getting huge payments for Sky as they're on TV every weekend.
This should give the FA a huge push to have a good look at the disparity in football finances to ensure some sense of fairness and to help protect smaller clubs who aren't bankrolled by Sky. It probably won't though.
I don't see how playing Premier League games behind closed doors at neutral venues with 30 minute halves is going to help prevent Stockport County from going bust. I haven't been following this closely but in not sure if this whole 'integrity of the season' stuff is just for the Premier League or for every team in England, if it's just for the Premiership why isn't the 'integrity' of League 2 as important?
To me it would seem better for all clubs, not just a couple of Premier League ones but throughout the football pyramid, to just call this season a dud and put all our energy into making sure that next season starts in as safe and timely fashion as possible.
The fact is that plenty of businesses are going to disappear because of this virus and I'm not sure why the government and all the other entities involved need to put football ahead of any other business at this point, if football can change it's rules and regulations to get up and running again then why can't other businesses? It's not as if your local independent pub, hairdressers, butchers or whatever have the backing of worldwide billion dollar media companies, billionaire owners or powerful and rich governing bodies. It's time all the money in football was used to look after the game of football itself and not just the interests of the G14 clubs.
That would do more for 'the integrity of the game' than any ridiculous neutral venues, 30 minute half, get the Premier League concluded pile of shite 'festival of football'.

The powers in football are not arsed about the lower league teams.

Just interested in the two money leagues we have in England. Which is a shambles

I can't see why would clubs especially ours be interested in inserting artificial cheers and jeers in a neutral ground. Would Leicester be able to use that ridiculous cardboard clapping thing they give out at home games?
Would they have goal music or those things they had in the South Africa World Cup?

How would they work the cheers/jeers within a second then wait three minutes for the VAR decision and would they really allow booing at that pre-fixed decision?

The noise would still come through the TV company and could anyone rely on a sound engineer sitting 2m away from Tyler to do it fairly?

I keep think l dreamed these daft ideas l read about whilst in a deep sleep but the sad reality is someone is making them up when wide awake and being paid for being daft as the proverbial brush.

Just get a vuvuzela played over the tannoy.

Job done

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.