Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
made my peace with him going, months ago really, so not that concerned. we will lose a bit off his real value, but if the chap wants to go, let him go.

no issues from me if i see him again playing against City, as long as he doesn't score a hat trick, and behaves in his celebration.

thought this could have been a bit of a Mexican standoff, but surely his mind was always back home, who can really blame him. Bernardo has made the same noises recently, give us your best efforts and then go and fulfill your hometown dreams like Vinny.

Not sure he has a massive attitude issue. He is a great player. Or was, He hasn't played in a long time. I'd take £40m this summer (we might hold out for a bit more).

The world of football will be very different when it gets back going again. Many small clubs will not survive. I can only think that transfer fees will drop down a bit, wages will drop. It makes sense to just sit in and wait to see what happens.
Really?

Him frequently hunching his shoulders and pouting his bottom lip when getting subbed was like a petulant teenager having their Xbox turned off at bedtime. Sane has played us like a fiddle for 18 months or so in his silence and I find that disrespectful.

Really?

Him frequently hunching his shoulders and pouting his bottom lip when getting subbed was like a petulant teenager having their Xbox turned off at bedtime. Sane has played us like a fiddle for 18 months or so in his silence and I find that disrespectful.

Really? What did you expect him to do - announce his intention to leave? Players are entitled to do what they want at the end of their contracts, in the interim the best they can do is never mention it or get drawn into the speculation.

Yeah right, he goes for nothing less than £80m or he sits on his arse for another year, we get bummed on this one then heads should roll!!
If we refuse to sell him and keep him here so he can just leave on a free in a year then we’re just bumming ourselves. If we’re gonna get bummed, we might as well get paid for it :)

Great Player on his day, but that last full season he played was a right arse. Was proper sulky if he didn't get his way. Would love him to stay but he has also played us here - That's not how you behave as the club have gone out of their way to look after him. Badly advised in my honest opinion.

What approach of the coach did sane not "buy" into? I can't remember Sane doing anything wrong if anything there were games he was supposed to start in the 2018/2019 season but the out of form Mahrez got the nod instead.Sane had the second highest assists right behind KDB in the 2017/2018 season, sane has scored double digits in both seasons here so I am not sure what approach he didn't buy into. Bayern did better business, we handled this poorly! We can blame Sane and yes he has to take some blame but the man management of this situation made the entire management look inept.

Pep fucked it up with Sane, no way to hide that. He was always his scapegoat when things were not going well, always first man to be subbed. He's **** for leaving for Bayern though.

I’d have had a sight more respect for Sane, if he’d told the club he wanted to leave at some point during the last 2 years and enabled us to negotiate a decent fee, rather than play a “will he, won’t he” game over his contract and encourage that shower of German chisellers to agitate on his behalf. So as per my previous post, bollocks to him.
That's just fucking stupid.

1. How do you know he hasn't told the club? Don't take what Pep says at face value, we wouldn't tell other clubs Sane has asked to leave because it automatically lowers the value.

2. Why the fuck should he? He signed a 5 year contract, in June 2021 he will have fulfilled the obligations of that contract and is free to do whatever the fuck he wants.

3. Have you ever told your boss you're leaving before you had confirmation of another job offer? Have you bollocks, just because he's a footballer doesn't mean he works in different ways to me, you or any other fucker on here.

Stop being so damn precious, it's a game, Sane is free to do whatever he likes for whatever reason he likes. City were here long before him and will be here long after him.

Really? What did you expect him to do - announce his intention to leave? Players are entitled to do what they want at the end of their contracts, in the interim the best they can do is never mention it or get drawn into the speculation.
It'll be the same posters who call another ex player a legend, who did whore himself out to every man and his dog every summer. Too much emotion, not enough brain power and business sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.