Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

With a very big caveat :

"They will operate an "emergency brake" if there is a new surge in infections."

I've said all along Germany will be back in lock down by end of June, they are trying to do some sort of 'on & off' switch.

I think this will actually be the get out clause as Johnson will dangle some June date as being possible for our leagues but by that time Germany will be back under another lockdown.

They say for the integrity of the game the Premier League should continue. Well let's look at the facts.

1. No home or away games integrity compromised.

2. Maybe more that 3 subs allowed integrity compromised.

3. Talk of maybe 30mins halves integrity compromised.

4. Neutral venues integrity compromised

How many more stupid ideas will they come up with to try and save the Premier League season. I am still waiting to see if they come up with the idea of 2 refs 1 for each half of the field.

Every time they come up with an idea, unless it is that the fixtures will be played at the original venues will compromise the integrity of the Premier Leauge
I honestly think that they know that null and void is the only way forward but they have to be seen to be looking at alternatives which drags it out for as long as possible.
In this country we have managed to not descend into civil unrest as of yet but I seriously think that when the league is declared null and void that will change in Liverpool. I suspect the police want this to go on for a while so that hopefully the scousers will slowly get used to the idea that they aren't winning the league again as that will maybe minimise the trouble that is going to happen slightly.
What we don't need is the press coming up with a a scapegoat for this (imagine the trouble each year when they play, say West Ham, if the press report that it was in some way their fault they didn't win the league), the press really need to be mature about this and for once try to report neutrally, factually and sensibly while doing their absolute best to not stoke up their emotions and sense of victimhood.

danielwood5 I can see a lot of season ticket holders could well give up their season ticket if there is a whole season 2020/21 is played behind closed doors. The only way to retain them will be to offer their season tickets and a huge discount to keep them interested and get them to renew for 2021/22 season.

I honestly think that they know that null and void is the only way forward but they have to be seen to be looking at alternatives which drags it out for as long as possible.
In this country we have managed to not descend into civil unrest as of yet but I seriously think that when the league is declared null and void that will change in Liverpool. I suspect the police want this to go on for a while so that hopefully the scousers will slowly get used to the idea that they aren't winning the league again as that will maybe minimise the trouble that is going to happen slightly.
What we don't need is the press coming up with a a scapegoat for this (imagine the trouble each year when they play, say West Ham, if the press report that it was in some way their fault they didn't win the league), the press really need to be mature about this and for once try to report neutrally, factually and sensibly while doing their absolute best to not stoke up their emotions and sense of victimhood.

No chance Liverpool won’t be winning the league. One way or another they will be.

Bring back football - it will boost the morale of the nation

Oh by the way 99.% of the games will be on sky and unavailable to millions. What’s the point ?

UEFA have began compiling a calendar to complete the Champions League season with Juventus' clash against Lyon set to take place on August 8th. Uefa officials held a video meeting today with club presidents to reaffirm their desire to conclude the UCL. [
@RMCsport
via
@SunSport

In that meeting, UEFA declared that all domestic divisions must be completed by the end of July in order for the Champions League and Europa League to be played out. [
@RMCsport
via
@SunSport

Just got off the BBC teletex service. Mr Richard Bevan C.E.O of the League Managers Association seems to think that if an agreement is not reached on this Monday's meeting of the League Managers Association then the Premier League could well end up being declared null and void. There now appears to be a great divide between the rulers of the Premier League and those of the EFL Championship.

The divide is as follows: for the Premier League to continue the bottom clubs insist that there must be no relegation to the Championship. However the rulers of the EFL insist that there has got to be both promotion and relegation, between the 2 divisions. With 14 votes needed to carry on with the Premier League, and the bottom 6 of the Premier League clearly in favour of a null and void season. There appears to be everything to play for when they vote on Monday

Looks like we will not have to wait much longer, to see what finally happens, For the health of the nation we do not need football being brought back this early, when we are still in the grips of a pandemic.
Teletex? Are you posting from the 90s?

Manchester City could see their squad's value plummet by 22.6% to £839m in the event of no more football being played this season and the subsequent knock-on effects of the COVID-19 pandemic. [
@MirrorFootball

considering we are not a selling club that doesn't really matter

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.