COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
8 days since we became aware of the problem in care homes and yet every resident and member of staff has yet to be tested.

The UK was for a while tracking Italy 2 weeks in front and Spain 1 week in front

The last time Spain had a day like the UK did today was April 10th.
Italy 6th April.

Any suggestions why the UK is taking longer to get to grips with this.

0.25% of the population or about 166,000 is a lot.
What has been expected in a major pandemic.
Thank goodness Covid-19 hasn't been as bad as it could be, as we'd be in a right state.
I said at the very outset I expected it to kill 100,000 people in the UK and for quite a while I was thinking that was wrong and wildly too pessimistic. But honestly as time goes by I am beginning to think I may have been right all along. I suspect we are at 40,000 or 50,000 already if everyone is ultimately counted, and we haven't finished wave 1 yet. I wonder what the toll will be by the end of 2021? I would not be remotely surprised if it's 100,000.

The UK was for a while tracking Italy 2 weeks in front and Spain 1 week in front

Italy 6th April.

Remember that twat who got stuck on a zip wire whilst waving a couple of union jack flags around?

I said at the very outset I expected it to kill 100,000 people in the UK and for quite a while I was thinking that was wrong and wildly too pessimistic. But honestly as time goes by I am beginning to think I may have been right all along. I suspect we are at 40,000 or 50,000 already if everyone is ultimately counted, and we haven't finished wave 1 yet. I wonder what the toll will be by the end of 2021? I would not be remotely surprised if it's 100,000.

End of 2021....?

It'll be 100,000 by end of November.

Italy 6th April.

The civil service and health service management is incompetent. I've worked with them to try and deliver IT solutions and I know its true. It is too centralised to be tactically and strategically agile.
It wouldn't matter who was in power they wouldn't deliver.
That is why I recommend flattening the management structure and deploying the army to monitor performance on day 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.