COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's "we"? The government?

"We" have known for 8 weeks that it was a problem (unless we choose not to "know" what was happening in Italy and Spain}.
Do you have any idea how many care homes there are in the UK?

Is it a disease or a virus? Perhaps a medically qualified bluemooner can clarify. It gets on my tits when politicians call it a disease. I just want to know if they’re right or wrong...

I don't know if it's been mentioned on here but unfortunate to note that Italy's deaths and infections were both on the rise today. 369 dead in the space of 24 hours, 222 of which were in the Lombardy region. Rise in death toll for 3rd day in a row and highest figure in over a week.

It seems the news outlets like Sky have suddenly stopped reporting on Italy and Spain death numbers and you have to go looking for them. Not good news at all this.

Once the lockdowns are relaxed more it will come back and bite us on the arse.

Spain is already thinking about 50% school capacity in September. Got a bad feeling the kids will be off school for 18 months when all said and done.

If Switzerland's opening of primary schools works without issue then UK schools can be opened up. According to the current science an instance of a young child infecting an adult has yet to be found.

I don't know if it's been mentioned on here but unfortunate to note that Italy's deaths and infections were both on the rise today. 369 dead in the space of 24 hours, 222 of which were in the Lombardy region. Rise in death toll for 3rd day in a row and highest figure in over a week.

Just as a general view on statistics.

Statistics shouldn't be taken as gospel of 'something' happening because how they are gathered and reported differs wildly.

There is a massive lag period between death reporting, positive COVID-19 results etc.

We also don't know if every death is due to COVID-19 or if a death occurs anyway with someone who just so happens to have COVID-19.

A person who dies of a heart attack who is COVID-19 positive may well be reported as a COVID-19 death.

This is why the mortality rate and number of infections etc, they are just completely wrong and then it is even more pointless to compare across countries.

Belgium too.

Just as a general view on statistics.

Statistics shouldn't be taken as gospel of 'something' happening because how they are gathered and reported differs wildly.

There is a massive lag period between death reporting, positive COVID-19 results etc.

We also don't know if every death is due to COVID-19 or if a death occurs anyway with someone who just so happens to have COVID-19.

A person who dies of a heart attack who is COVID-19 positive may well be reported as a COVID-19 death.

This is why the mortality rate and number of infections etc, they are just completely wrong and then it is even more pointless to compare across countries.
Germany was very strict as to how death was recorded stating "By" or "With" Covid-19. I'm not sure we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.