Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

The four remaining Champions League last 16 matches are aiming to be played on the weekend of August 8th. Quarter-finals would take place the following midweek. The Turkish FA remain confident they will be able to host the final in Istanbul as planned. [via
@MirrorFootball

Should football return, every remaining match in the Premier League and Championship – apart from the final day - could be televised in a separate time slot on television or online. Three or four matches from both competitions would be shown each day. [
@MailSport

Should Manchester City progress to the final of the FA Cup, it would currently clash with other commitments. The 2020 FA Cup Final is scheduled to be played at Wembley, behind closed doors, on August 8th - the same day UEFA intend on resuming the Champions League. [
@SunSport

The Premier League's bottom three have been warned that relegation could be imposed on them if they continue to obstruct plans to resume the season next month at neutral venues. [
@MailSport

Nice bit of blackmail going on there
It’s disgusting it really is

If the Premier league are recieving / buying PPE before our own NHS staff , then that is abhorrent , our situation cannot remotely compare to Germany , they have PPE , they have anti-bodies and they have sufficient testing , the Bundesliga are not compromising their health service.
Boris Johnson needs to grow a pair and nip this in the bud , and tell the Premier league to refrain with their pie in the "SKY" schemes to "re-start".

The Premier League are actually outbidding our own NHS and key worker institutions to secure PPE.

Let that sink in for those out there who are demanding football returns now...

The Premier League are forcing the price up because the greedy wankers need it now and couldn't care less how that impacts a marketplace which is already in short supply and gouged to fuck.

It's despicable.
Bet non of our shithouse gutter press have the balls to report this.

If the Premier league are recieving / buying PPE before our own NHS staff , then that is abhorrent , our situation cannot remotely compare to Germany , they have PPE , they have anti-bodies and they have sufficient testing , the Bundesliga are not compromising their health service.
Boris Johnson needs to grow a pair and nip this in the bud , and tell the Premier league to refrain with their pie in the "SKY" schemes to "re-start".

I'm not sure what £4m represents, just in terms of testing kits for players twice a week?

It must add up to a fair few pallets!!

There will be no spectators inside a sporting ground in England until at least mid 2021.
Agreed, and I think that might be slightly optimistic. Can you imagine being in an enclosed cinema even with social distancing, with recirculated air for 3 hours, never mind touching distance and queuing at a 50,000 attended football match.

I'm not sure what £4m represents, just in terms of testing kits for players twice a week?

It must add up to a fair few pallets!!

If the government had a pair of balls , they would commandeer any PPE or testing kits being delivered to clubs and distribute the items to the nearest hospitals.

Stressful day, with a huge amount of my staff furloughed, and when that ends, not sure of next steps.
City have always been my release (45 years supporter, and ex Maine Road attendee for more than 28 years).
But right now (and I apologise if it offends some):
1. Chronically worried about the economy and how it will affect us, our children and our grandchildren.
2. Upset for those whom have lost loved ones during this crisis,and:
3. Could not give a shit about when football may or may not resume.
In that order.

The reason that black people have been dying in such significantly greater numbers is because they are more exposed to the virus i.e. there is a disproportionate number of black and asian people doing the more exposed jobs. I would not totally rule out a different immune between races but I think most people would be surprised it it outweighs the social effect.

So if we accept that, and most reasonable people will, what point are you trying to make about black players. Footballers are all equally likely to get infected and suffer the same outcome because they are all of the same age and sex and are not likely to be moonlighting as door staff or bus drivers.

My line of work used to bring me into close contact with the Asian community and some just live a different way , they have three or four generations living in the same house and as many as twelve people in a three or four bedroom house , its quite common place and its just the way they prefer to live ,they are generally very close knit families , each to their own. So when you have this type of over crowding , social distancing is an impossibilty , i still have a dozen or so Asian friends and they ALL smoke which again brings bronchial problems
This is not stereo typing Asian people , but with my first hand knowledge , it is my assumption that the way that some live their lives unfortunately it will bring more issues with the corona virus.

The Premier League are actually outbidding our own NHS and key worker institutions to secure PPE.

Let that sink in for those out there who are demanding football returns now...

The Premier League are forcing the price up because the greedy wankers need it now and couldn't care less how that impacts a marketplace which is already in short supply and gouged to fuck.

It's despicable.
Have you got a link / source for this mate? It needs pushed out on social media, parliament petition and any other means if true. For me even among all the rest of the greedy shit housery around football at present this feels like a new low, and a line has somehow been crossed. If true I'd be pretty ashamed if city have any part in it or the silence around it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.