COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only thing I’m remotely looking forward to reopening is the golf course. Won’t be going anywhere near bars, restaurants, shops, cafes for a while yet, even if they were to reopen

But that is a great point. What is the actual risk of two people playing golf whilst staying 2, 5 or 10 meters away from each other ? That, to me, would be a perfectly sensible easing of restrictions.

I just put it in a reply to someone else, but I'll post it separately. As much as I'm terrified of the lockdown ending, I understand its necessary eventually. All I, and I presume many others want, is proof that we've got this under control and we're not ending it cos money and boredom.

I'd feel an awful lot better if we we can do the following:

- get the deaths/new cases down to very low numbers, prove its staying there
- conduct widespread antibody tests (like in NYC/Germany) to work out what % of the country has had it
- provide masks for the public use like other countries have done
- temperature testing at places of work/airports
- strict health and safety measures for businesses to follow, and actually enforce them, not ignore it
- we prove without doubt that testing can exceed 100k a day, and is sustainable
- we get our shit together re PPE and look after NHS workers, plus care homes
- we prove the contact tracing app actually works and is effective, not the current shambles it allegedly is

Is any of that unreasonable? I'd take even 'most' of it, but I suspect we'll get very little of it, and if we do, it'll be done sporadically.

No sensible person is talking about ENDING the lockdown, the are talking about easing it.

Well you were asking for alternatives, I've yet to see a sensible suggestion in regards to easing the lockdown that takes everything into account.

Fact is we are still getting the same amount of infected cases that we were getting around April 9th, so the lockdown hasn't exactly been that strict in the first place and those infected cases tell us that any big lift on restrictions would almost certainly cause a 2nd spike.

But that is a great point. What is the actual risk of two people playing golf whilst staying 2, 5 or 10 meters away from each other ? That, to me, would be a perfectly sensible easing of restrictions.
Agree with that. Allowing outdoor activities where social distancing is easy to maintain would be a sensible thing to do and would relieve stress in some households. We’re nowhere near the point where pubs and restaurants can reopen though.

Agree with that. Allowing outdoor activities where social distancing is easy to maintain would be a sensible thing to do and would relieve stress in some households.

Still think it has to be managed, some golf courses would probably be fine, especially members only courses but places like Heaton Park can't open.

Really not sure what some people are wanting. Are they really suggesting unending lockdown with no easing (with restrictions and regulations) so a completely collapsed economy, potential food shortages, increasing domestic violence, increasing mental illness, growing numbers of suicides etc etc etc or the phased easing like the government is suggesting ? What's the bloody alternative ?
It has only been 5/6 weeks ,keeping people apart will keep people alive,it is a new and new virus that nobody in the world had immunity to,patience

I just put it in a reply to someone else, but I'll post it separately. As much as I'm terrified of the lockdown ending, I understand its necessary eventually. All I, and I presume many others want, is proof that we've got this under control and we're not ending it cos money and boredom.

I'd feel an awful lot better if we we can do the following:

- get the deaths/new cases down to very low numbers, prove its staying there
- conduct widespread antibody tests (like in NYC/Germany) to work out what % of the country has had it
- provide masks for the public use like other countries have done
- temperature testing at places of work/airports
- strict health and safety measures for businesses to follow, and actually enforce them, not ignore it
- we prove without doubt that testing can exceed 100k a day, and is sustainable
- we get our shit together re PPE and look after NHS workers, plus care homes
- we prove the contact tracing app actually works and is effective, not the current shambles it allegedly is

Is any of that unreasonable? I'd take even 'most' of it, but I suspect we'll get very little of it, and if we do, it'll be done sporadically.

Not unreasonable but you are probably looking at another 6 months at least for all that. So you would have to stomach all the non-covid but lockdown related deaths (which would increase significantly) for that period and deal with an even more incredible national debt than we have already built up. As Ive said, unfortunately its a very very difficult balancing act.

When they relax the lockdown, the sensible thing to do is isolate yourself even more than before. It’s going to be carnage. We need to keep going.

Pretty much the way I'm treating it.

I started social distancing weeks in advance of the lockdown announcement and I'll be carrying it on a long time afterwards as well.

Not unreasonable but you are probably looking at another 6 months at least for all that. So you would have to stomach all the non-covid but lockdown related deaths (which would increase significantly) for that period and deal with an even more incredible national debt than we have already built up. As Ive said, unfortunately its a very very difficult balancing act.

Why 6 months though? Why are other countries already doing lots of this? Why can't we for fucks sake? That's bullshit and passing the buck for the government.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.