31 years ago today - Bournemouth (h) 3-3

Not sure I agree with your analysis of what constitutes ‘typical City’, and without that capitulation we wouldn’t have yet another last day promotion to fondly remember. If anything, the Bournemouth result created a ‘typical City’ day. We always delivered the goods on promotion when it came to the crunch: ‘85, ‘89, ‘99 and ‘00.

It was actually a good day for us in the end as Leicester (iirc) scored a late equaliser against Palace, so it was still completely in our hands for the Bradford game.

'Typical City' could mean both Bournemouth and Gillingham. I think it was more that we never ran with any blueprint.

Loved the conga on the Kippax at half time, but that feeling at the end was horrific. Got to speak to Vic Callow a couple of years later at the cricket, and couldn’t help but ask him where the fuck he got all that injury time from!!

What was his answer, mate?

He had Fergies watch on!!!

Well yes but no! At least the Charlton attendance given was the capacity of the ground - they could hardly announce a higher figure!
But does beg the question about fiddling the gates and who pocketed the money.
(PS we know the answer!l)
I remember the interview Peter fucking Swales did for Blueprint, in which he was asked about the attendance figures. He denied massaging them.

But then, he would, wouldn’t he?

Last edited:
UnacceptableSomberBigmouthbass-size_restricted.gif
Don't know which was better..the goal or Vinnie

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.