Sportsperson you've loved and hated

I’ve recently become a cyclist, did 8.6 miles this morning (which is good for me, I couldn’t ride the fucking thing last year!)

I’m really enjoying it... but I will never ever wear that cycling get-up they all wear. I’ve even gone for more of a stylish non-cycling looking cycle helmet just to make sure I don’t look anything like them. Never mind all the Lycra!

Talk about all full kit wankers!

As said above no need for full kit doing that distance. After my knee replacement I was told cycling would help. Never been on a bike in my life before that. 3 months after the operation I was up to 45 miles a day.

I’ve recently become a cyclist, did 8.6 miles this morning (which is good for me, I couldn’t ride the fucking thing last year!)

I’m really enjoying it... but I will never ever wear that cycling get-up they all wear. I’ve even gone for more of a stylish non-cycling looking cycle helmet just to make sure I don’t look anything like them. Never mind all the Lycra!

Talk about all full kit wankers!

Try on the Lycra padded shorts and you may change your mind :)

Loved - Ovett
Hated - Coe

Vindicated big time on that one.

Also hate any English rugby union player. Utter wankers the lot of them. Always have been. Always will be.

I’m just glad he never had anything whatsoever to do with Fuentes and the Operation Puerto scandal. It centred on cycling, and many of them were named outright, but he also said he worked with top level footballers (hello Real & Barca) and tennis players in Spain.

Racehorse Trainer Henry Cecil was a hero of mine.
A fantastic personality and a genius at getting the best out of his horses.

I detest Conor McGregor of UFC.

Barry Richards of Hampshire and South Africa. Remember John Arlott commenting on him once when Richards stepped back from the stumps and square cut a ball for 4. "Did you see that?! " Arlott gasped.

Going back a bit further, Emil Zatopek with his tongue sticking out when he ran.. Then there were two Finnish middle distance runners around the 1970s whose names I forget.

Barry Richards of Hampshire and South Africa. Remember John Arlott commenting on him once when Richards stepped back from the stumps and square cut a ball for 4. "Did you see that?! " Arlott gasped.

Going back a bit further, Emil Zatopek with his tongue sticking out when he ran.. Then there were two Finnish middle distance runners around the 1970s whose names I forget.

Lasse Viren probably one of them. Double gold medalist in successive Olympics and quite likely doper.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.