Garden Birds and wild birds thread.

Got these guys coming back into the valley, you can hear them from a mile off, they're like dinosaurs
Sandhill Cranes

We're starting to get a variety now. We have had a couple of gold finches the last 2 morning and the woodpecker is returning daily. We had a grey wagtail this morning for the first time.

Anyone got any tips to stop wood pigeons and jackdaws arriving on mass as soon as the food is out?
If you want goldfinches mate get some sun flower hearts, think we had 21 at 1 point. They drop more than they eat and you get all sorts underneath hovering them up.

If you want goldfinches mate get some sun flower hearts, think we had 21 at 1 point. They drop more than they eat and you get all sorts underneath hovering them up.
Nice one mate they're a pretty bird arent they? We had a couple here today eating I think thistles from next door for a good ten minutes or so. The grey wagtail was a nice addition today. We get a good selection of tits, dunnocks, robins, nuthatches etc but it's nice to get a few different ones

Spent the better part of the afternoon watching Mr and Mrs Robin going back and forth collecting stuff for a nest in our conifer hedge three feet from the patio door.
I’m Gonna have to make sure the magpies don’t come near.

Starlings are the only birds that make me uneasy, as in Hitchcock uneasy. When you see a huge flock of them in the sky, literally thousands all swirling around together, you just think, "What if they suddenly took it into their heads to descend on me?” I do, anyway.

that flock is called a murmuration.
When I was a kid we used to go to Platt Fields park at dusk to see them arriving in their tens of thousands to roost on the island.

wood pigeons, when it goes dark rats mice and foxes tho not at the same time

Spent the better part of the afternoon watching Mr and Mrs Robin going back and forth collecting stuff for a nest in our conifer hedge three feet from the patio door.
I’m Gonna have to make sure the magpies don’t come near.
Not sure they will be building mate both our Robins and blue tits are back too feeding at the moment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.