COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
American states saying the antibody tests that the FDA let flood the market are useless and the federal gov are not taking results from all states anyway,only new york are confident in their testing

Until we get mass testing then this will be around a long time.
2% of our population has been tested, that's all. Yet some people crave for lockdown to be released.
The testing situation is a national disgrace.
The whole handling of this is a national disgrace. Plenty of warning. Too little action and far too late. To me it looks like we're about to feck up again with the relaxations. In about a month's time we'll know for sure.

I think from what I have read that's unlikely. Also we could develop an effective treatment if not a vaccine. So that people can catch it, develop natural immunity but not die in such great numbers. But if neither are possible, then we just have to accept that probably something like half a million people die.

I don't know about you, but from my perspective, I think we should be a damned sight more certain that there can be no vaccine and no cure, before just accepting half a million deaths. So we have to follow the social distancing and other preventative measures to the greatest extent possible for now, and prevent as many people as possible from catching it. More infections just means more deaths. And whilst there is hope of a vaccine then avoidable deaths are unnecessary deaths.

Exactly.

I admit I'm a glass half-empty person but you'd have to be a negative **** in the extreme to have 'herd immunity' as plan A. Whoever came up with that needs a bit of fucking cheer in their life and a bit of faith in humanity.

The whole handling of this is a national disgrace. Plenty of warning. Too little action and far too late. To me it looks like we're about to feck up again with the relaxations. In about a month's time we'll know for sure.

We won't know anything for sure in a month. It will be 2 years plus until we know which approach was correct.

Sweden haven't locked down and have less deaths per capita than us, despite Stockholm being more densely populated than London.

No one knows for sure who's approach will turn out to be right and wont until the thing has pissed off.

Not read the article yet but front page of The Times states we’re in lockdown until June.

That bloke from Wetherspoons is going to go mental.

We won't know anything for sure in a month. It will be 2 years plus until we know which approach was correct.

Sweden haven't locked down and have less deaths per capita than us, despite Stockholm being more densely populated than London.

No one knows for sure who's approach will turn out to be right and wont until the thing has pissed off.

Sweden restricted mass gatherings and flights in March. Time will tell but it looks like the obvious measures could be the most effective.

And far more than Denmark and Norway put together.

We already know our approach has been wrong, or more accurately we simply reacted way too late. In a month's time we'll know if the timing of the decision to ease things from this weekend is wrong, not the whole thing.

Not read the article yet but front page of The Times states we’re in lockdown until June.

That bloke from Wetherspoons is going to go mental.
It doesn't take Einstein to work that one out.
Today's the 7th plus 21 days = 28th which falls on a Thursday so no one will go back on the Friday so the following Monday is June.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.