Bitcoin (cryptocurrency)

£7.6m worth of bitcoin. Holy clusterfuck!

It was more than that. I had lot of altcoins too at that moment, many different ones, it was probably much closer to 500 bitcoins when those would be converted.

Anyone riding the Bitcoin rollercoaster? Up 15% today alone.

I reckon it could be back above $10k next month as the bulls pile in, and with the halving.

My mate sold all his tron ripple and other currency and bought Bitcoin last month , do you think it will hit 20,000 like last year ?

Even many years later, I still don’t understand what bitcoin is and what ‘mining’ it means.

My mate sold all his tron ripple and other currency and bought Bitcoin last month , do you think it will hit 20,000 like last year ?

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if it hits $20k within the next 12 months. It’ll be interesting to see how it behaves next week with the halving. If it contines to follow the Stock to Flow model it could even be $100k in 2022, and a million $ a coin in the mid 20’s when all the coins are mined. It sounds crazy but 10 years ago, 1BTC was worth less than $0.01.

Of course it could all come crashing down and be worthless, but there is far my upside than downside in my opinion.

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if it hits $20k within the next 12 months. It’ll be interesting to see how it behaves next week with the halving. If it contines to follow the Stock to Flow model it could even be $100k in 2022, and a million $ a coin in the mid 20’s when all the coins are mined. It sounds crazy but 10 years ago, 1BTC was worth less than $0.01.

Of course it could all come crashing down and be worthless, but there is far my upside than downside in my opinion.
Please could you dumb this bit down for the mere remedial among us?

It's all a load of bollocks based on the Greater Fools Theory. To make anything you have to buy before all the greater fools pile in and then get rid before they all start to dump them.

It's about time the tulip craze started up again...

The stock to flow model is based and how scarce an item is, by looking at how much of it there is and how much more of it is being made/mined.

The number is based on how many years it would take to replenish the stock. Say there is 170,000 tonnes of gold on the world and it's being mined at 2,750 tonnes per year, it would take around 62 years to replenish the stock. Gold's stock to flow is 62. Hypothetically if a load more gold was discovered and more was mined then that stock to flow number would come down, as would the price.

Some people have applied that same model to Bitcoin as you know the stock, and the flow, so you an use it to predict the price. So far there has been a strong correlation between the stock to flow and the price. I don't know how to upload images, but there is a graph here to illustrate https://digitalik.net/btc/

The flow of Bitcoin is due to half next week, so if it continues to follow the stock to flow model it should be in the region $30k by the end of the year. Then the flow halves every four years, which is where the $1 million figure came from.

It could well all be bollocks to apply the model to Bitcoin, but as I mentioned I wouldn't be surprised if it surpassed $20k in the next 12 months.

Last edited:
Usually the stock would have an inherent value/use. Crypto is currently not there yet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.