Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Agree they should only be able to buy them when the death toll is where Germany is Nill

The media have a vested interest in the return of football. As long as there's no public outcry they won't do anything. Whether there will be a public outcry remains to be seen.

Agree they should only be able to buy them when the death toll is where Germany is Nill
People need to get away from this attitude of Germany doing the right thing. Reporting of cause of death are not the same in all countries. The press are just shit stirring for the masses

People need to get away from this attitude of Germany doing the right thing. Reporting of cause of death are not the same in all countries. The press are just shit stirring for the masses

Didn’t say they doing it the right way more of when our deaths are down to nil was my point on when the none essentials can even buy these testing kits which frankly are garbage when they are not accurate.

The government's most repeated phrase around ANYTHING returning is "When it is safe to do so".

If players, staff and everyone who would be physically involved in a restart of the Premier League have to be tested multiple times a week ... IT IS NOT SAFE TO DO SO!
You could argue that if they are being tested regularly and infected players are quarantined then that's an effective regime. Sampdoria and Fiorentina have reported infected players and staff. If through testing they find a lot of players are getting infected then I expect it will get abandoned. If squads are virus-free then they can play. Whether you choose to watch is up to you. I don't see how it would affect us. The players in my opinion are fortunate. Many people are working on, or will be starting back in the next month and they wont get anything like the same kind of supervision and care.

Whether the figures are entirely accurate or not, the difference can not explain the huge difference in the death rate.

You do not know what each country's objective is. Neither do I, but I strongly suspect the UK's main priority is to avoid a 2nd surge this Winter.

The UK press are largely subservient. Sun, Daily Mail, Telegraph, Times, Express etc etc. Anarchy in the UK?

The reality is without a vaccine the only option available is a prolonged controlled mass herd immunity which protects NHS and vulnerable members of society. So without a vaccine, HIV still has no vaccine, so no guarantee one on the horizon, social distancing will continue indefinitely.

So our lives have changed dare I say forever. So for the Prem league and others to be talking about integrity of the game in finishing last season need to be firmly put in their place. Football as we know it is gone now, we may have to accept empty stadiums for a year or two. Society and people’s lives and family livelihoods need protecting/restoring, so at this time football for me can go f@ck itself.

Whether the figures are entirely accurate or not, the difference can not explain the huge difference in the death rate.

You do not know what each country's objective is. Neither do I, but I strongly suspect the UK's main priority is to avoid a 2nd surge this Winter.

The UK press are largely subservient. Sun, Daily Mail, Telegraph, Times, Express etc etc. Anarchy in the UK?
Mate, some countries only report a covid death if no Co-morbidities, others don’t. Also we don’t know know what the expected death rates are. Papers never published how many people sadly died in April last year. There are many elements that need looked at but frankly the press barrage of how bad we’re doing is alarmist, and that is not to disrespect those that have sadly lost their lives.

It’s surprising that some berate the back pages of the papers but take the front pages as gospel.
They reckon 5% of UK population has probably had covid 19 with 30,000 deaths. I’ll let you do the maths but when the government talked about 500,000 deaths at the start they were not far from the mark. So I think it’s fairly clear what the governments priorities are and that’s trying to find a path between a rock and a hard place so that when this is hopefully over, Society as we know it survives.
So release of lockdown is key, and frankly football can fuck off just now, because all I worry about are my patients and my family

Mate, some countries only report a covid death if no Co-morbidities, others don’t. Also we don’t know know what the expected death rates are. Papers never published how many people sadly died in April last year. There are many elements that need looked at but frankly the press barrage of how bad we’re doing is alarmist, and that is not to disrespect those that have sadly lost their lives.

It’s surprising that some berate the back pages of the papers but take the front pages as gospel.
They reckon 5% of UK population has probably had covid 19 with 30,000 deaths. I’ll let you do the maths but when the government talked about 500,000 deaths at the start they were not far from the mark. So I think it’s fairly clear what the governments priorities are and that’s trying to find a path between a rock and a hard place so that when this is hopefully over, Society as we know it survives.
So release of lockdown is key, and frankly football can fuck off just now, because all I worry about are my patients and my family
I don't expect you to focus on anything but your health and that of your friends. Stay well. And same to everyone else on Bluemoon regardless of differences in opinions.

And the journos breached lockdown by going out spying on him
It does seem a bit of a stretch for the Sun to justify following Kyle Walker around and spying on him as he delivers a birthday card to his sister and collects food from his parents. Not exactly the Watergate scandal is it? Tells you a lot about the quality of the UK press which was recently voted the least trustworthy in the world by its residents.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.