Is lockdown showing signs of breaking down ?

The British press are the lowest of the low, as we well know, they continually print what they want, with no thoughts to the consequences.

Went out this morning for a food shop and it’s like a normal Friday morning out there.

Traffic on the roads, people everywhere, shops proper busy.

In the supermarket there were half a dozen in every aisle, at least, social distancing was impossible! Not helped by the people at the entrance just letting far too frequent a stream of people into the store, not understanding that while it looked like they were 2m apart going in but in the aisles there were just too many people in there.

Went out this morning for a food shop and it’s like a normal Friday morning out there.

In the supermarket there were half a dozen in every aisle, at least, social distancing was impossible! Not helped by the people at the entrance just letting far too frequent a stream of people into the store, not understanding that while it looked like they were 2m apart going in but in the aisles there were just too many people in there.

they may have been doing what you were doing

I live in Co Durham and in the town I live lockdown has never been in force as far as I can see. This morning I am sat in my garden and me and the Mrs have counted at least 200 people walk past in the last hour. I was out with the dogs 8am and when I came back up about 9am I thought I had stumbled into Glastonbury. It is never this busy on a bank holiday under normal circumstances.
And to add to that my nutty neighbour has got all excited because she is convinced Boris is going to tell everyone lockdown is ending on Sunday. She is a manager at Barclays and you would think she would have a semblence of intelligence.

This is the problem. If at least 70% of the population where not worthy of the title "thick ****" then we could probably ease lockdown without too much risk. As it sadly stands it probably would be advisable for lockdown to remain in place for several years after Coronavirus has been vanished.

The Office of National Stastistics is being tasked with testing volunteers repeatedly throughout the country. They want hundreds of thousands done.
The programme is scheduled to run for over a year...

According to this thread every day has been like a normal day for most of lockdown. Where I am, still empty in most places where there are people queuing outside 2 metres no problem.

same where I live. Yeah people are out but they are households or respecting the social distancing rules . Occasionally you see the odd nob heads but largely it’s fine.
In fact it’s a bit over cautious some don’t just move out of the way they actually cross the road to avoid you

same where I live. Yeah people are out but they are households or respecting the social distancing rules . Occasionally you see the odd nob heads but largely it’s fine.
In fact it’s a bit over cautious some don’t just move out of the way they actually cross the road to avoid you
Same here, but they crossed the road before this for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.