Summer Transfers

Big summer (We get big money for Sané/Newcastle buys our deadwood/We're able to offload non essential players/Txiki thinks there's bargains in the corona market)

In:
Upamecano
Almada
Theo Hernandez
Aouar/Brandt (Brandt a bit more fun to watch, Aouar more of a controller like Gundog but with added flair and dribbles)
Koopmeiners
Camavinga

Small summer (more realistic due to corona)

In:
Upamecano/Kamara (statement signing or cheaper)
Almada
Theo Hernandez

Last edited:
Not sure why people keep naming Sancho

He fucked us off once so there is no way he would want to come back and I dont believe the club would have him - i certainly dont want him - comes across as a right twat!

If we are going for a CB. We need to sign the best available on the market. Koulibaly is available so sign him. He’s 28 but Fernandinho was a similar age when he signed.

we don’t need an up and coming CB, that will take a year to settle. We need the best there is. Buy Koulibaly and we’re true favorites for the treble imo. We have Garcia, Tosin and THB coming through this would be a perfect signing for them as well. Would give them a couple years more to develop.

Laporte and Koulibaly would be the best CB partnership in world football. They both speak French and so does Mendy. He would slot right in. Physical, tall, has pace, a real defender plus is great on the ball.

tired of us getting it wrong with CBs, buy the best there is and that’s that.

Koulibaly is a similar level to Van Dijk, he would completely change us defensively.

If we are going for a CB. We need to sign the best available on the market. Koulibaly is available so sign him. He’s 28 but Fernandinho was a similar age when he signed.

we don’t need an up and coming CB, that will take a year to settle. We need the best there is. Buy Koulibaly and we’re true favorites for the treble imo. We have Garcia, Tosin and THB coming through this would be a perfect signing for them as well. Would give them a couple years more to develop.

Laporte and Koulibaly would be the best CB partnership in world football. They both speak French and so does Mendy. He would slot right in. Physical, tall, has pace, a real defender plus is great on the ball.

Koulibaly is a similar level to Van Dijk, he would completely change us defensively.
That's exactly what I think! I'm not usually a big fan of signing players at 28+ but Koulibaly is one of the best CB in the world andhe'll be even better in a team like City. He and Laporte will be the best partnership in the world and if we can finally sign a normal left back our defense will be about the same level of Liverpool, which I think made all the difference this season.
I would go also for young talented CB like Kamara from Marseille for 20-30 million. Ota on the way out, I hope Stones too and we definitely need 2 CB

No one, absolutely no one can guarantee that ever. We signed Mendy for £50m and he was the "one" to finally get the left back position sorted, then he got a long term injury and then another and is now struggling to recover the agility, power and pace which made him stand out for Monaco. United did it with Pogba and Sanchez, Liverpool did it with Ox-Chamberlain, Chelsea did it with Kepa, Arsenal did it Pepe, Spurs did it with Ndombele.

We have three extremely talented right sided centre backs, two of those who we will probably lose if we bring a big name signing in who stunts their development or restricts their game time. Foden is here because he's a blue but even he must have doubts seeing what Sancho has done at Dortmund. You either give players a chance or they'll leave, I don't want to take that risk with Garcia or Adaradiayo until we're certain they're not going to make it.

Other than Koulibaly's age, dealing with De Laurentiis is a pain. I believe that there a couple of CB's that we could get. Pau Torres is probably the best one out. As far as distribution of the ball I think he'd suit us the best. I think he'd slot in much like Laporte did. That's just my opinion. He has a release clause, but there are doubts if he wants to play in the PL. He is left footed, but I don't see that as much of a problem. Right footed CB's play on the left. Garcia's played 3 at the back on the left.

The other is Unai Núñez. He's not as good in distributing the ball as Torres is, but he has decent long ball distribution. He's quick and aggressive. He hasn't signed an extension with Bilbao and could be available for not that much.

I think people underestimate the importance of ball distribution in CB's in our system. When opposition try to mark Rodri/Gundogan it's important they have the skills that can act as another holding midfielder to find the 8's, wingers or if the striker drops into the midfield. A huge reason we missed Laporte and not only because of his defensive skills.

Other than Koulibaly's age, dealing with De Laurentiis is a pain. I believe that there a couple of CB's that we could get. Pau Torres is probably the best one out. As far as distribution of the ball I think he'd suit us the best. I think he'd slot in much like Laporte did. That's just my opinion. He has a release clause, but there are doubts if he wants to play in the PL. He is left footed, but I don't see that as much of a problem. Right footed CB's play on the left. Garcia's played 3 at the back on the left.

The other is Unai Núñez. He's not as good in distributing the ball as Torres is, but he has decent long ball distribution. He's quick and aggressive. He hasn't signed an extension with Bilbao and could be available for not that much.

I think people underestimate the importance of ball distribution in CB's in our system. When opposition try to mark Rodri/Gundogan it's important they have the skills that can act as another holding midfielder to find the 8's, wingers or if the striker drops into the midfield. A huge reason we missed Laporte and not only because of his defensive skills.
If we want distribution I think Todibo is overlooked. He's maybe a bit raw at the moment but he can become world class under the right management without a doubt, especially with Pep. Except being a excellent ball playing CB he's physical, quick, tall and a competent defender. Barcelona are forced to sell a lot of their talents as well, maybe 20-25m could do. Personally I think he's a lot more exciting than Pau Torres and Nunez and will probably be better in the future

Edit: Here he is holding his own against Bayern Munich. His qualities reminds me a lot of VVD

Last edited:
If we want distribution I think Todibo is overlooked. He's maybe a bit raw at the moment but he can become world class under the right management without a doubt, especially with Pep. Except being a excellent ball playing CB he's physical, quick, tall and a competent defender. Barcelona are forced to sell a lot of their talents as well, maybe 20-25m could do. Personally I think he's a lot more exciting than Pau Torres and Nunez and will probably be better in the future

Edit: Here he is holding his own against Bayern Munich. His qualities reminds me a lot of VVD

This wouldn't be you recommending yet another 20 year old CB would it? Despite telling us Garcia's definitely not ready and we need to buy other centre backs until he matures when he's 28.

This wouldn't be you recommending yet another 20 year old CB would it? Despite telling us Garcia's definitely not ready and we need to buy other centre backs until he matures when he's 28.
Everyone has to fight for their spot. It's not like Pep are gonna handout starting eleven spots like it's a charity just because they're from the academy. The eleven most capable of winning the match starts, if it is Adarabioyo, Garcia, Otamendi, Stones or Todibo doesn't matter. I think Todibo has a better chance than Garcia of being a success right away given his physicality, speed and experience playing at the highest level. Tobido really looks like a Pep CB with the physicality required to be an outstanding CB in the premier league. He's one of the hottest CB prospects in the world and is probably available for a cut price due to Barcelona's finances.

There is no secret that we're in for at least one center half in the summer, and we should definitely make it count given the performances this season. That said I really rate Garcia and THB highly, but a player should only play if they deserve it and are the best option

Everyone has to fight for their spot. It's not like Pep are gonna handout starting eleven spots like it's a charity just because they're from the academy. The eleven most capable of winning the match starts, if it is Adarabioyo, Garcia, Otamendi, Stones or Todibo doesn't matter. I think Todibo has a better chance than Garcia of being a success right away given his physicality, speed and experience playing at the highest level. Tobido really looks like a Pep CB with the physicality required to be an outstanding CB in the premier league. He's one of the hottest CB prospects in the world and is probably available for a cut price due to Barcelona's finances.

There is no secret that we're in for at least one center half in the summer, and we should definitely make it count given the performances this season. That said I really rate Garcia and THB highly, but a player should only play if they deserve it and are the best option
So that's a yes then ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.