Running thread

Is anyone on here taking part in any virtual challenges?

My running club is meant to be doing one tomorrow whereby 10 of us (must include at least 5 women) individually cover as much distance as we can in 30 minutes, add them together and compare against other clubs/groups.

Not sure if we've actually got 10 people so it might not happen, but even if it does, I have no idea how to pace it because:

a) I've never run this type of event before;

b) I'm currently in a cutback week following some weeks of hard running;

c) I haven't properly assessed the shape I'm in: I've done no races for about a year and I'm somehow currently about 3kg heavier than I was when I got all my PBs last spring.

So many factors to consider! I'm thinking of going maybe 15-20 seconds per mile faster than my 10k PB pace and seeing what happens. Ah, first world problems...
Our group has done a 5k challenge, split everyone into teams of equal ability and got an average for each team. Now we’re doing the 30 minute challenge, most distance covered but again averaging out.

I’m sumitro you mate, couple of kilos heavier due to lack of events being cancelled so training less.

I’ll be just trying to do my 30 minutes at Parkrun pace and try to hang on as long as possible, hoping for 4 miles.

Yesterday I went out at 4pm and decided on a flat run by the Bridgewater Canal. I ran the first kilometre, didn't feel too good, so walked the next 6k, which was very pleasant. It might have been the extra humidity beside the canal that did for me.

Today's a whole different matter. I had a banana at 9am, then went out for a 17k (10 mile) slow run. It was a cool morning, absolutely lovely. I'm tired now though.

It's funny how some days you just don't feel like running, but the next is completely the opposite.

Yesterday I went out at 4pm and decided on a flat run by the Bridgewater Canal. I ran the first kilometre, didn't feel too good, so walked the next 6k, which was very pleasant. It might have been the extra humidity beside the canal that did for me.

Today's a whole different matter. I had a banana at 9am, then went out for a 17k (10 mile) slow run. It was a cool morning, absolutely lovely. I'm tired now though.

It's funny how some days you just don't feel like running, but the next is completely the opposite.
That is exceptional

Been out for another trot and was very pleased with my results.

Mile 1 - 7:19 (new personal best)
Mile 2 - 7:56 (very tired after the first effort)
Mile 3 - 7:34 (tired to go full tilt but didn't have it in my legs)

Overall - 3.13 Miles (5.02 km) - 23:39 (new personal best).

I'm off for beer and sandwiches for our social distanced 'street party' (not as good as it sounds).......

Enjoy!

Monitoring this thread has helped me get going again.

Since the 7th April I have maintained a walk-jog with the dog every day. Just checked the Garmin data and it’s 164 miles / ave 5.9 miles day. Weight wise nearly lost a stone.

Getting fitter by the day.

honestly this is so true. I’m on day 494 in a row of running - some days I feel like Usain Bolt , other days I feel like I’m blowing after 10 minutes - I have found personally it takes me 3-4 miles to get into the ‘groove’ so often than not, when I do my short runs 1-2 miles I find them tough.

I think it’s how you mentally prepare aswell - if I’m doing a long run 10-15 miles. I’m absolutely fine after 8-9 miles.

if I was doing a 8 mile run - I’m blowing the last mile.

running is so psychological- that’s what makes it great.

But when Eric eats a banana........

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.