Amazon prime

WHAT ABOUT TLE LAD ABOVE THE l
Wrong un. He's got a hat but has chosen for some reason to 'dof headdress ' and wave it. Hopefully the showsec ****s threw him out along with the other hattless reprobate shortly after this photo was taken.

Get ahead, Get a hat!! No wonder Denton's gone down the nick - "In 1907 the majority of the 16,428,000 felt hats made in England (worth £2,068,000) were made in Denton and Stockport. In 1921, the working population of Denton was 9,653 with about 41% of those people in occupations related to the hatting industry. The last hat factory in Denton closed in 1980."
@Bill 's carpets never quite compensated for the change in fashion!!
Apparently the mercury used in the making of the hats made the workers ill. Hence the expression "mad as a hatter", I don't know if it made them mad or just angry because they lived in Denton. :-)

I visited the Westlers factory once
I had it in my mind that they were a premium brand and it would be a state of the art facility
Fucking hell, it was grim
Visited a Mattesons factory when working for BT years ago. You'd be horrified to see what went on and what went in

A few cups of this is a good primer
e492b0f43fb12554e2524938d32fc59f.jpg

OMZlhNt.jpg

How many of our esteemed forum members are on that pic? I see Karen, top left, with her spiffy titfer on ....

I though you were a City fan? You'll be saying you've never had a Balti pie next.

Just to clarify matters, I’ve been going to City since 1959, I’ve only had 1 balti pie ever, bought for me by someone else (friend, West Ham fan) never again, utterly revolting. Possibly the worst thing I’ve ever tried. Was banned from the marital bed for days. Hate Indian food always makes me ill

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.