Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Owners,managers,players,club doctors and supporters have all shown serious reservations regarding the re-start , but the media continue to push for a June return for the Premier league , and that is becasue it is in their interests , they are struggling for news , when they resort to trailing Kyle Walker all over Yorkshire because he wants to give a birthday present to his sister , then things are slow.
Hopefully the government with 600-700 deaths a day will show some common sense and ban sport for the duration , the Premier league , PFA, UEFA and the media have too much ££££ to lose , five substitues , neutral grounds , no VAR , behind closed doors , whatever it takes , and all this to protect the" integrity" of the game.
I don't even understand the no var bit,just have one guy on his own,u suppose they would say that doesn't maintain the integrity but all the other crazy ideas do !

The players are employees. I am a public , I wouldn't hate them
In a month or so there will be 200000 tests a day.
And lots of people will be taking private tests.
Hate is strong.
Sorry,stand back it will come and a pic of our players will be on every negative story,you misjudge the mood about nhs and care homes not getting tested, and players getting private tests ,as for 200,000 a day,behave

Sorry,stand back it will come and a pic of our players will be on every negative story,you misjudged the mood about nhs and care homes not getting tested,as for 200,000 a day,behave

I can see the media, switching to a negative portrayal for sure. Greedy football and all that.
I hardly think that the players, who will be payed whether they play or not will be at the centre of a hate campaign.
It is your idea, if not your sentiment.

You could argue that if they are being tested regularly and infected players are quarantined then that's an effective regime. Sampdoria and Fiorentina have reported infected players and staff. If through testing they find a lot of players are getting infected then I expect it will get abandoned. If squads are virus-free then they can play. Whether you choose to watch is up to you. I don't see how it would affect us. The players in my opinion are fortunate. Many people are working on, or will be starting back in the next month and they wont get anything like the same kind of supervision and care.
Even if ambulances, medics and other medical equipment is diverted away from the NHS to staff what are essentially behind closed door friendlies?

Even if ambulances, medics and other medical equipment is diverted away from the NHS to staff what are essentially behind closed door friendlies?
The players/coaches and the other 300 people who are needed to put on a game are in a bubble in Marvin world,they never go home or mix with other people ,the nhs staff needed never go on other jobs with sick covid patients,we don't need to take tests and PPE away from the nhs,nobody outside of the twenty clubs and the train drivers,pilots and coach drivers that transport them around ever go home or get ill

All is well

The #PremierLeague plans a detailed presentation to its players, to assure them of their safety once the competition returns. Multiple sources insist “the majority [of players] are desperate to return”, many understandably have reservations. [
@IndyFootball

Premier League clubs fear up to 50 players could revolt against plans to resume the season. One club said they expected “two or three” players from every club would have major concerns about returning to training and games under the Project Restart plan. [
@MirrorFootball

Premier League players have voiced concerns about passing on the virus to family members. One #PL player said he would refuse because of worries about his six-week-old baby and loved ones with underlying health conditions. [
@MirrorFootball

Premier League players have voiced concerns about passing on the virus to family members. One #PL player said he would refuse because of worries about his six-week-old baby and loved ones with underlying health conditions. [
@MirrorFootball

There it is in a nutshell. One person...

Just one person losing their life. Be it a staff member, player, family member, etc. And that's when it will be stopped.

But it will be too late.

Facebook has cracked down on a fake news campaign targeted at discrediting #ManCity. Users were directed to bogus stories which reported persistent slurs against the Premier League champions. [
@MailSport

One such article accused the UAE of spending heavily on #ManCity to 'hide its human rights violations and contributions to the menacing wars in Yemen and Libya'. [
@MailSport

Social media company Graphika, probed a series of anti-City stories on a now-removed website named the Mirror Herald. In the stories, and social media posts, #ManCity's owners were accused of 'sportswashing'.

Delaney is out again,maybe

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.