Spurious Claim to Fame

Had my photo taken with Tony James (Sigue Sigue Sputnik) very cool guy.
Ricky Hatton was last on the plane to Tenerife a few years ago, had a few autograph hunters on there which he happily signed.
Janick Gers (Iron Maiden guitarist) is a regular in a pub near my brother-in-law, which he’s buzzing about ‘cause he absolutely loves the maiden.

I think I may have posted this on here before, but here goes.
Late 90s I was flying business class from Heathrow to Atlanta and in my cabin was the lovely Julia Sawalha. About halfway through the flight I got up from to go to the bog, which is occupied. I wait a minute until I hear the whoosh of the flush and as I know you’ve guessed by now, the lovely Ms Sawalha steps out and brushes past me giving a slightly embarrassed smile. All I can say is that the smell she left behind was definitely not Absolutely Fabulous.

I saw Mud Live in the Co-op bank ballroom in autumn 1975. 36 years later in 2011 I worked in the same ballroom being a Solution Architect for two bank ETL projects at the time.
The glitterball was still hanging from the ceiling.

Had sweet Lovings with one of the girls who played Susan Barlow when I was much much younger.

Last edited:
Had sweet Lovings with one of the girls who played Tracey Barlow when I was much much younger.

Can’t believe I’m blowing my two only spurious claims to fame in the space of a few posts, but that reminds me that back in the mid 90s me and a mate were in the Blue Bell on Manchester Road in Whitefield having a pint or three of Holts. We kept looking at the clearly young girl at the table next to us with her boyfriend, drinking orange juice. It was bugging us where we knew her from. After a while she went to the bogs and when she sat back down she says to her fella “Fuckin’ Tracy Barlow”. That’s when we realized who she was.

EDIT: A quick Google tells me it was Dawn Acton. That wasn’t you was it @blue b4 the moon ??

Last edited:
Can’t believe I’m blowing my two only spurious claims to fame in the space of a few posts, but that reminds me that back in the mid 90s me and a mate were in the Blue Bell on Manchester Road in Whitefield having a pint or three of Holts. We kept looking at the clearly young girl at the table next to us with her boyfriend, drinking orange juice. It was bugging us where we knew her from. After a while she went to the bogs and when she sat back down she says to her fella “Fuckin’ Tracy Barlow”. That’s when we realized who she was.

EDIT: A quick Google tells me it was Dawn Acton. That wasn’t you was it @blue b4 the moon ??
No I had a one nighter, can't remember her name either so could have been her or another actresd in a different guise.

Makes me sound like a right lethario which I'm certainly not now or ever have been.

I was in a bookshop when Michelle Obama walked in, plus security.
I used to work with a woman named Glynis before her husband Neil became leader of the Labour Party.

Best of all I've met both Bert Trautmann and Uwe Rosler.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.