How good was Maradona?

Fantastic player.

Shame his legacy will be that picture of him off his tits after scoring in USA 94.

I have never watched him live since he played before my time but I want to now for fellow bluemooners who have seen him play. Was he as good as Messi is now?
I have watched youtube highlights and frankly I think Messi is better imo. The defenders looked awful in the highlights.
Thoughts?
I was in Mexico in 86 for the world cup & lucky (or unlucky) enough to witness him against England. Hate the bloke but what a player & just like others have said he used to get kicked all over the place.Messi Gets my vote though.

Because of the "Hand Of God" goal, I spent many years hating him.......but, I'm over that and I now know he was an absolute genius.

On a side note, if it had been an England player handling the ball into the net to take us to the World Cup semi final in 1986, that player would have been a hero over here!!

The Maradona film is excellent and it was really after watching this on it's release, I had to admit he was a genius.

To play to that level, consistently, under all the pressure he was under........just wow!!

"How Good Was Maradona"??

He was off the scale - nobody could touch him

Saw him live against Scotland in 1979.
Amazing display.The world cup in 1986 was the best from any player I have seen.
Loved Pele and never in my wildest dreams would I have seen someone better in my lifetime.

Maradona was the best. What’s even better in this video though is seeing the fabulous old Hampden Park and those brilliant bright red ref and linesman outfits!

Best player I've ever seen.
Two footed, perfect balance, head, hands he had the lot lol.

On his day he was just unstoppable, not only could he win a game on his own but also a World cup.

Apart from that he was a Cnut!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.