Facebook crack down on fake news campaign targeting City

Well no mention on the radio of this no surprise really when they’ve been in on it.
Similar situation with the rest of the print media. Having seen this thread for the first time this morning, I clicked on the ‘Mail’ link to read that article (I know I shouldn’t have.. I do feel dirty, forgive me..) and then checked the rest of the press and the BBC to see if they were running with it. Nothing on any of them, not a sausage..

Typical of how any story regarding City has been dealt with this past decade.. if it’s slightly positive in any way, shape or form, just one of the venal twunts ‘covers’ it, briefly.. but if it’s negative, it’s a media pile on, with a frenzy of anti-City headlines and articles.

I hope when all of this UEFA/G14/FIFA vs UEFA/Qatar vs Emirates/anti-Arab racism and so on and so on is all done and played out, the people behind all this anti-City stuff are exposed for what they are..

I wonder if it's co-ordinated votes for teams of the years etc, if there are these organised smear campaigns against us then surely these votes are rigged to keep our players out of teams.

Here's a couple of examples.

If they were both votes it is more than likely just a reflection of club bias when voting is cast. Not sure what the Qatari’s could gain from reducing the number of City players, I think more likely their policy is to discredit the UAE rather than keep Bernardo Silva off team of the year.

I wonder if it's co-ordinated votes for teams of the years etc, if there are these organised smear campaigns against us then surely these votes are rigged to keep our players out of teams.

Here's a couple of examples.

The team of the year on the BBC is a public vote. The moment that happens the whole of Liverpool descends (along with anyone else they can let know) and vote for their own regardless of the merit.

Public polls don't need fake news bots to do the work. Their cult following will always take care of player/manager/team/club polls.

Hopefully this is the start of the fightback although I fear it may be too little too late. Lots of damage has already been done and we aren't making any real inroads with the media in this country. If they can't slag us off they just starve us of publicity. Last seasons unprecedented domestic quadruple is a prime example. Football could be dead anyway if this virus isn't conquered, I don't see behind closed doors games keeping it going for long.

If they were both votes it is more than likely just a reflection of club bias when voting is cast. Not sure what the Qatari’s could gain from reducing the number of City players, I think more likely their policy is to discredit the UAE rather than keep Bernardo Silva off team of the year.
Yeah I've not really thought this was one through, just gone wading in there swinging my handbag.
My bad.

Facebook has cracked down on a fake news campaign targeted at discrediting #ManCity. Users were directed to bogus stories which reported persistent slurs against the Premier League champions. [
@MailSport

One such article accused the UAE of spending heavily on #ManCity to 'hide its human rights violations and contributions to the menacing wars in Yemen and Libya'. [
@MailSport

Social media company Graphika, probed a series of anti-City stories on a now-removed website named the Mirror Herald. In the stories, and social media posts, #ManCity's owners were accused of 'sportswashing'.

A lot of detail in this report https://graphika.com/uploads/graphika_report_operation_redcard.pdf

It shows an elaborate plot based in India and backed by the Qataris. This is undoubtedly part of the long-running smear campaign against City. I wonder how many of the well-known Twitter trolls who work for the British broadsheets are involved in this. The PR firm behind this fake news operation is said to be Delhi-based ARep Global. But who commissoned them to do it?

This is music to my ears...the fightback is currently underway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.