Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Has anyone who's is in favour of football behind closed doors ever been to a game.
Yes for armchair fans it wouldnt make any difference.
But for match going supporters its complete bollocks.
Personally if they play any games behind closed doors I wont watch one minute.
Would just ignore it completely.
Wouldn’t that just be perfect ?
Poll all the ST holders at every club in the PL and the result decides the “Project Restart” or whatever bollocks it’s called

This is from RAWK regarding Project Restart and the reluctance of the bottom clubs to play at neutral venues....

"The current bottom 2 are adrift Slightly Norwich and villa. Villa have a game in hand on all

But the next 3 are tied on 27pts having played same games Brighton on 29

Southampton above them are on 34pts nicely ahead.

This is their thinking. They’re acting like cartels and the prem shouldnt stand for it, it’s a disgrace"

The lack of self awareness, even by RAWK standards is staggering!
Who would have thought it cartels in the premier league

Never mind how safe/tested etc. the players will be.

If the Prem restarts, Liverpool win it and thousands of dipper fans descend on Anfield, which they absolutely will, regardless of what Liverpool FC or Merseyside Police say.

Officially, 1 in around 330 people in Liverpool have had or do have Coronavirus and about a quarter have died from it. You can bet that number is significantly higher than that in reality but using the official number, that would mean if 50,000 people turned up at Anfield to celebrate their team winning the league, conservatively, around 100 of them (discounting those who have recovered) will have Coronavirus and will 100% pass it on to at least 20 more people whom are well within 2 metres of them.

100 infected becomes 2,000 in the space of a couple of hours of which circa 500 will statistically die from it.

Why is the restart even being debated???

Void it. Stay Home. Save Lives.

It's that simple.

100% agree , who in their right minds would think the Dippers will not be gathering at Anfield if they are "gifted" the title , lining streets , having improptu street party's , they have been hurting for over 30 years , they are the most desperate and needy set of fans you will ever see , and as for Murkyside Police containing any of this , well we all know their capabilities. 2000 scousers bricking a coach and not ONE arrest sums up how pathetic and ignorant they are.
Null & void the season and do not give the Dippers the title ,and no relegation or promotion , we are still losing 600-700 people a day , all the celebrations from surviving relegation and promotion will only increase this number, (although watching the Rags celebrating another season in the europa thursday cup , would be palatable :)

The public will not be happy at players getting test that the nhs and care home patients cannot,you can't be in this country if you don't feel that,it will be on the front pages and it will be the players that cop it,if you don't like one word Then change it,christ on a bike

If they did make it front page news,as you suggest, and i don't want to quote you if you didn't mean front page news, it would be bollocks wouldn't it. Because those tests would be done privately , There are hundreds of private clinics offering tests for large sums of money. Wouldn't that be a preferable front page headline.

If you didn't mean public and you didn't mean hate, don't use the words.
You would be the first person to jump on your bike if the Sun put "hate"and City in a headline.
As i said not a biggy, and "would not like" may be closer to the truth.
Spain , Germany, and Italy are all conducting testing for footballers.

Has anyone who's is in favour of football behind closed doors ever been to a game.
As a mostly "armchair fan" myself these days, I can tell you it would still make a massive difference. The games I saw without fans before it was all called off were completely unwatchable. Sadly, I can't see it being any other way for the foreseeable future.

Players will be getting tested regularly and will be isolated from contact from wider society to an extent so it's not as risky as playing football against some random group in a park. This would be a highly monitored group. In Italy players from Sampdoria and Fiorentina have been found to have the virus and they'll be quarantined presumably. If a lot of players in the UK have it then that will scupper it and make in unworkable. We'll see.

Marvin, of course I do not know your personal position, but let's have a hypothetical. Your late twenties, have a good job, a wife and 2 young kids. You go to work on Monday and say good bye to your wife and kids and say, stay safe I'll see you in 5 weeks, as once your in work you have to eat, drink and sleep there. How would you ,and more importantly you wife and kids take it?

We know fans can't watch the football until there's a vaccine or the virus is as good as gone so what does football do in the meantime. Can you answer that?

To answer your own question I feel pretty similar about PL football. I'd watch it though. I haven't much to do. I'd definitely watch the CL football for example City v Real Madrid.

If they did make it front page news,as you suggest, and i don't want to quote you if you didn't mean front page news, it would be bollocks wouldn't it. Because those tests would be done privately , There are hundreds of private clinics offering tests for large sums of money. Wouldn't that be a preferable front page headline.

If you didn't mean public and you didn't mean hate, don't use the words.
You would be the first person to jump on your bike if the Sun put "hate" and City in a headline.
As i said not a biggy, and "would not like" may be closer to the truth.
Spain , Germany, and Italy are all conducting testing for footballers.
I said hate and public and i meant just that,the public will go mad fuelled by front page headlines in the tabloids.it will have a picture of city players.let it go

What makes the whole thing even more laughable, sky sports have an advert out (mainly featuring footage of Liverpool and united) where the message is.. that football without fans is nothing!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.