Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could even image an attendance or success bonus on that. Schalke made a meal out of that for five years after selling us Neuer.

What I liked about him as a young player breaking through that he could really play shit for parts of the match but that he always could have his moments later in the match. Other players you knew that it is a loss with them when they make mistakes as they think about that for the whole rest of the match. But - it could be that when he plays bad or unlucky he might not survive long in matches with Pep. Have seen that with Müller who had some of his best matches when he looked terrible in the first half but was match winner in the second - not really with Pep.

As I told before - I am not really sold on Sane. It is not so much because of his quality - I think he is a great winger but needs the matchplay being adapted to him - but because of the transfer situation - and yes, the mentality issue. I do not think he is in a higher talent class than about same age Coman or Gnabry. Gnabry now really started to deliver and has made the step from talent to star. But he is a much more direct player like e.g. Robben was. Coman lacks the end product but is great in holding and carrying the ball - if you have the other three offensives delivering numbers in the way they do this season that is a special treat, too, in a ball playing system. But with Heynckes Coman had a good end product - he just has been injured too often in the last two years. With Davies and his speed and quality going forward as a fullback on the left side an inverted, direct right footed player would be the optimum. Sane is not that so that he probably would have to be starting on the right - and change his match.

Actually Bayern is not home. Sane is home in the west of Germany. And I do not know if it is not easier for him to live in England than in Germany. What might feel more home to him are some of the players he knows for ages like Goretzka, Kimmich and Gnabry. His father might like that his old coach Gerland is the assistant again - and Flick who he knows well is the coach.

Actually there are paralells.
Kroos went because Bayern did not want to pay him the money that he wanted at that time. He was a talent then with sparks what he could become, but drove you really crazy with his laziness and lack of defensive awareness - not in a different situation than now Sane. Wanted to already earn as much as the top earners. Müller and Kroos were offered similar raised wages in autumn of 2012 - Müller extended, Kroos did not. He and his agent after that played games - e.g. when his agent brought Moyes (then United coach) to the stands in a Bayern match - but Bayern told that they only would extend to the fair conditions they offered to him. They sold him a year before he would have been a free agent.
fuck off

Try to see it through the eyes of German footballer and you might find that they have built a situation where playing for Bayern is absolute top of their career goals. The fact that Bayern pays well too obviously helps, but you won't find many Krooses out there who would swap Bayern for any other club. Germans are brainwashed into their football model and that model means Bayern first, the rest fight with each others. It's like Cold War era of CSKA in Russia or Steaua in Romaniai.

Agree with the beainwasinh bit...they seem to have done it with the media who do their bidding and dirty work as well

I think pep is to blame for not sorting out whatever the problem between them was,not a popular view i am sure
I don't think I'd blame either myself, we've all known people we've just met and took an instant dislike to and regardless of how you try, you just can not get along (and vice versa of course). It's possible that's the case with Pep and Leroy and Leroy takes exception to getting lectured all the time. Pep meanwhile can't understand why he doesn't listen and take everything on board.

I'll be gutted if/when he leaves because we have no one else as direct as him with the ball at his feet, but lets not forget the numerous games where he's done absolutely nothing, and its been obvious from the first minute that he's not interested

I'll be gutted if/when he leaves because we have no one else as direct as him with the ball at his feet, but lets not forget the numerous games where he's done absolutely nothing, and its been obvious from the first minute that he's not interested
If one thing this last few months has taught me is that there is no need to get upset over something so trivial as a player who doesn’t want to be here. Let him go, we get some cash, good luck to him and all we all move on happy as.

Really disappointed with Sane, i can live with him wanting to leave for any reason, but he has not come out and said so, in short he has left us the fans in limbo, quite frankly the Club should tell him he is not getting a squad number next season if he does not sign, i know this is not going to happen but at least we will get Sane to acknowledge what he is doing, as for the money we would lose without a transfer, but it is going to be hard to get what we want with money swap deals being the choice of the normal big spenders, wages are where it would hurt, but then Sane might just find that football wages have changed in a season

On what world are BM not breaching every regulation over tapping up a player ??? Blatantly in the press too and admitting it ? I don’t get why they are not being charged over all this?

Oh hang on - yeah of course I didn’t factor in this game being a bed of corrupted vipers completely

I am not convinced he will be the loss many seem to think he will be.

His pace makes him unplayable at times but teams have worked out that the best way to play against us is to sit deep and hit us on the break, as such his main attribute is negated.

Personally i think we need to go for a different type of player who will offer us a way to breakdown these stubborn defences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.