Car Detailing.

Two Gun Bob

Our middle daughter can wear a man down at twenty paces and reduce and errant soul to a gibbering wreck and has made numerous calls to the Bob Helpline (c) open 24 hours 7 days a week for assistance with her piece of tin. Also five guest appearances dressed fully in PPE maintaining 2 metre protocol to display her derision at her cars paintwork in ..actual person. But I am not a car valeter although I did work for a while bogging shitters back into Radcliffe auction for a tickle and also a stint in retail.

The car is an Astra SRI finished in deathly nightshade met-black and around 15 months old with circa 16k up on the odometer so hardly espousing a hard life and no where near hard as mine has just become. She frets and inhabits the mysteriously myriad-al world of the A-Symmetrical not dissimilar to me which must be down to genetics as I could not sleep if a picture was crooked or something appeared skew -whiff. I am drifting so my dilemma is to do with her swirl marks showing up in our newly arrived bright sunshine and also mysterious shadows that incandescently reflect striations against her paintwork. I have no idea what my olden chums in apartments 3, 4 and 5a must be thinking as we both strut cock like around her nasty dilemma whilst twisting necks in unnatural posture.

It's day three now and I cant take much more so who on here is a detailer or an amateur valet that can offer assistance as I am at my proper tits end with it all .. the car not the daughter : / I am aware it is caused by washing techniques and in most cases unavoidable unless due diligence is observed utilizing the nororious two bucket technique. I have tried hand polishing with Mequires with little effect and fear the only way is to employ the services of a good detailer who is expert in car restoration procedure. I was going to get an orbital polisher from my mate Jeff but was worried about the risk of burn or misguided usage. A DA polisher would be more kind to the pain-t work than an orbital but would it be up to the job? So who on here has had success with this summer time malady and could offer tips to make a worried man sleep at night. They are only visible in direct sunlight and not at all heavy to be fair but they are there all the same. Yes yes I know ..drive it in the shade would be top tip nos 1 but I need to nip this in the bud before we are both carted of to The Farm for our own restoration treatment.

Also general overall tips on valeting a vehicle correctly and what products Moon people recommend to get the job done well inside and out. We pay a lot for cars so a little T and C goes a long long way.. Should I buy a DA polisher then and what is the most recommended on the market under a ton. That is all except to quote a famous saying from one of our greats Winston Blessed Churchill. "Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak .. Courage is what it also takes to sit down and listen"....I am all ears !

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.