Classic Cult Films

Election

Totally flew under the radar when it came out and I always get blank stares when I tell people it’s one of my favourite films. Apparently it’s one of Barack Obama’s favourites too.
The trailer doesn’t do it justice at all.

Now this is what you call a revenge film, with a threat scene that I've not witnessed the equal of,
this lad did not fuck about...

A brilliant performance from Paul Bettany in this classic Brit gangster film...

Ooh yeh, forgot about Gangster No1. The bit we're that guy bludgeons his nagging mrs in the supermarket.

Or that manic, grinning wide eyed face Paul Bettany would pull when he's gone berserk.

Election

Totally flew under the radar when it came out and I always get blank stares when I tell people it’s one of my favourite films. Apparently it’s one of Barack Obama’s favourites too.
The trailer doesn’t do it justice at all.

Some really good shouts in this thread and so is this. Reece Witherspoon is the ultimate hateful woman, played really well.
Delicatessen

The Lives Of Others

The Others

The Others was a really good film, maybe only watched once though given the twist at the end. Whoever cast Eric Sykes needs to be given a medal.

Withnail & I.

First of all I didn't know there were people who have watched this film 30 or 40 times.
I've watched it maybe 5 or 6 times over the years and it's definitely in my top 6 movies. In fact if you're English and of a certain age it's probably one of the funniest movies ever made.

I love Bruce Robinson's description of Withnail.

"If you were an artist withnail would argue that he could paint a better picture than you, if you were a photographer he would claim that he could take a better photograph, if you were a sculpture he would no doubt be able to sculpt a superior statue, the trouble with him was he never actually did anything... except babble on about writing his memoirs"

Here, is a very good review of Withnail. Superb review.

https://www.newstatesman.com/cultur...nd-i-30-years-its-perfect-film-brexit-britain
Saw the thread, and was the 1st film I thought of. Classic funny film

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.