Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Without going back over previous posts has there been any news on bringing players back to the UK from there homes abroad ?
Sky just keep banging on that all arrivals to the UK will have to be quarantined for 14 days or are all footballers exempt ?

Now the government have ordered arrivals in this country to be quarantined the players returning will first of all need 14 days self isolation , then another minimum 21 days training to get back to fitness , even if the dickheads at the premier league make a decision next week, football would not return to at least the end of June or early July.
The common sense approach would be to use this time scale to start the 20/21 season in August , behind closed doors with clubs using their own stadiums and just null & void the 2019/20 season , but i am not about to lose £750m in TV money ,and piss away a league title after 30 years of pure agony , so its easy for me to say :)

If football cannot come back for players or fans until a vacine, then so be it.

That is how it will have to be

I can live 18 months without football if that saves even just one life
There is no guarantee that a vaccine will be found, best case scenario is that it is found and is available is 12-18 months. HIV vaccine has not been found after research for 40 years and neither has a vaccine been found for the prior SARS virus.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.