39 years ago today ! Centenary FA Cup Final.

Yeah there’s quite a lot of that community in that part of the country.

There was certainly a lot of them at the game..they also like a good scrap..was bloody chaos on the bridge going back to the train station.
Remember seeing a policeman's helmet being kicked around.
But it was much more violent in the two games against Everton .

Went to both games and still hate spuds
Yeah Peterborough was a mad day..lots of fighting on the way back to the station..lots of gypsies with the Peterborough fans
The semi against Ipswich was a fantastic day too

I remember Peterborough being the most rammed I’d even been in a stand. Managed to eventually getting near a barrier to stop getting crushed as was only 14 at the time. Brilliant when Booth scored as I thought he never scores. Was at the time when Adam and the Ants were no 1 with Ant Music and there was a City song going around on the day changing the lyrics

Happy days

I went and was 10 at the time.

Remember being at primary school and being asked part way through the day to see one of the teachers. He was a City fan. All he wanted to know was whether me and my Dad needed a ticket.

I still have the centenary flag from that day. It is framed and hung on the wall above the stairs. One of the great memories.

I was lucky enough to get to every game during the cup run..

5th round away to Peterborough was a typical City banana skin which we avoided..

Everton away was character building for sure..

Ipswich in the semi was David v Golioth. Nobody gave us a chance..

The goal that won it was boys own stuff..!

We should have beat Spuds in the first game.

Remember the replay on a Thursday night. We appeared to have only about a quarter of the ground, there were cockneys everywhere..

I was 17 and coming out of the ground I saw a car on it's roof with 4 Spuds fans in..

The City fans were spinning it round..

I assumed they were Spuds fans because the cassette player was still playing that f'kin 'Ossie's goin' to Wembley ' derge..

Got home at half 4 in the morning and was in work for half 7..

Absolutely gutted..

Ricky Villa can fcuk off, Mackenzie scored the best goal that night, never gets shown though..!

I'd moved to Wick (near John O'Groats) for work in January, and spent 4 days on trains/buses to go to the game with my mum, a bloody draw, I'd sooner we'd have lost on the day than draw, I knew there was no chance of me going to the replay, my mum still went though.

I also did the slightly shorter trip to both LC Semi games with Liverpool.

A terrible season that one imho.

Whent to the first game and the Thursday night replay (both on Maynes coaches Openshaw) and the very next game an 8-1 defeat to weirder Bremen. Pre season 81 82( piccadilly branch with Soli and Arthur Wilkinson) now there was a trip.

Went on the coach from moston with my dad's mate.and what I remember apart from being convinced big Joe was going to save Tommy's header, was city and spuds fans break dancing on a piece of lino outside the stadium.

Things remembered from that run:
Took an Everton supporting mate to the replay at MR....well he did get me a ticket for Goodison.
Total silence when Power hit that free kick, Explosion in the Holte end as it hit the net.
Hutch sticking his neck out for og.
Massive disappointment at final replay. Tueart missed an excellent chance to equalize. Great strike by Steve Mac.

Went with my dad who has now passed away. It’s one of my favourite memories. The result was an anti climax but we had a walk around London and train there and back so had a great day. He went to the replay but wanted to go on the piss with this mates for that one I think.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.