Summer Transfers

So that's a yes then ;)
I'll recommend any CB I think is good enough or will be good enough for City. It's not like age is a problem, it's obviously smarter to buy a younger CB given resale value, potential and longevity. I'm not worried about a new acquisition getting in the way of E. Garcia or THB. They'll play if they're good enough and if the board decide they need more playtime I'm there will be several clubs willing to take them on loan. It would be unwise to pass on a young potential world class CB's because we have a young CB starting for a mid table championship team who, if it was up to you, would be given zero comptetition for a starting spot. Yikes

Everyone has to fight for their spot. It's not like Pep are gonna handout starting eleven spots like it's a charity just because they're from the academy. The eleven most capable of winning the match starts, if it is Adarabioyo, Garcia, Otamendi, Stones or Todibo doesn't matter. I think Todibo has a better chance than Garcia of being a success right away given his physicality, speed and experience playing at the highest level. Tobido really looks like a Pep CB with the physicality required to be an outstanding CB in the premier league. He's one of the hottest CB prospects in the world and is probably available for a cut price due to Barcelona's finances.

There is no secret that we're in for at least one center half in the summer, and we should definitely make it count given the performances this season. That said I really rate Garcia and THB highly, but a player should only play if they deserve it and are the best option
Garcia is class. He just needs to be paired with the right CB or play in a back 3 for the moment. Paring him with Laporte would be fine, but not Dinho or Otamendi. Not sure about paring him with Stones either. Stones himself needs someone like Laporte next to him.

I'll recommend any CB I think is good enough or will be good enough for City. It's not like age is a problem, it's obviously smarter to buy a younger CB given resale value, potential and longevity. I'm not worried about a new acquisition getting in the way of E. Garcia or THB. They'll play if they're good enough and if the board decide they need more playtime I'm there will be several clubs willing to take them on loan. It would be unwise to pass on a young potential world class CB's because we have a young CB starting for a mid table championship team who, if it was up to you, would be given zero comptetition for a starting spot. Yikes
Still yes then ;)

Not sure why people keep naming Sancho

He fucked us off once so there is no way he would want to come back and I dont believe the club would have him - i certainly dont want him - comes across as a right twat!
Mate hes a kid!!! Were you never arrogant and made bad decisions (which this might not of been) in your teens. He was a 16 year old kid, not able to drink alcohol, not able to buy a lottery ticket. And we never had agents dripping honey in our ears. Me personally I was a little tw@t at 16/17 but grew as man most between 18-23. The lad doesnt know who he is yet, we dont know who he is yet. If he can have role models like pep, ferna & raheem I'd assume he will have a better chance to be humble honest man. Theres a reason we dont get big sums for players, we have a good bunch of guys who stick together. We dont sell players in there prime because we have a humble group of lads and a paternal management group. Everyone deserves a chance to be in a setting like that.

Decent shout but I doubt Cancelo and Angelino will be anywhere near our club next year.

Perhaps Cancelo will go, but I hope not. He hasn't been at his best, but a new league with a new club and our defensive problems hasn't helped. He's much better in attack, but with Walker's issues perhaps the club think that Semedo is needed more to do what he does defensively.
As far as Angelino, we're looking likely to letting Sane go and if we don't get anyone to replace him we'd only have Mendy who can create the width on the left. So I'd rather keep him.

For me next season
Ederson
Muric
Carson
Walker Stones Laporte Mendy
Cancelo/Atal Upamecano Rodon Tsimikas
Henry
De Bruyne Rodri Bernardo
Gudogan Fernandinho Foden
Camavinga

Sterling Jesus Dembele
Marhez Aguero Braaf
Isak
And that is an increase of pace , height, youth and skill without spending too much or increasing wages which will be high on Peps mind

I know it's not going to happen, and it's a shame because I really think that's what we need to do, but I'd bring :
Koulibaly
Upamecano
Alaba
Aour/Camavinga

Out:
Ota
Stones
Zinc/Angelino
D.Silva :(
Sane??
And the lineup:
Ederson
Upamecano- Koulibaly - Laporte (3CB)
Canelo/walker Alaba/Mendy (rwb+lwb)
Camavinga/Rodri (DM)
B.Silva/Aouar/Foden (CM)
KDB/Mahrez (CM)
Aguero (ST)
Jesus/Sterling (ST)

Another option:
Ederson
Upamecano- Koulibaly - Laporte (3CB)
Canelo/walker Alaba/Mendy (rwb+lwb)
Camavinga/Rodri (DM)
Aouar/Gundogan(CM)
B.silva/Foden(CM)
KDB/Mahrez(CAM)
Aguero/Jesus/Sterling ST

I know it will hurt Sterling and Mahrez but they can sometimes play on the wings as RWB or LWB
Or sterling as a second Striker
And Mahrez as CAM
With upamecano Koulibaly and Laporte as a CB and Alaba and cancelo or Walker on the wings ,with the help of Camavinga or Rodri as DM we will have the best defence in the world!
KDB, Aouar/Camavinga , B.Silva, Rodri, Foden, Gundogan- the best midfield in the world!
And Aguero,Jesus, Sterling,Mahrez -one of the best attack in the world.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.