Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Football will be alive and kicking in another 100 years mate. Hopefully, City will still be winning trophies.
Yes. It seems a lot of people have piled in on football as a sport in recent months. Perhaps they are just venting their frustrations at the current crisis. No one would argue that a lot of greed and selfishness has been shown by those who run football but, for me, it is still the best sport in the world.
I started watching City live in 1968 (glory-hunter) but what we have all seen in the last decade has been breathtaking and magical. You can't blame football for the current crisis and I will be glad to welcome it back when it is safe and appropriate.
City are a central part of the Manchester community and have been for 126 years. Our owners have invested billions in the city of Manchester and the club is helping vulnerable groups and NHS staff through the crisis.
It's a personal choice for everyone but I am not giving up on City now and am looking forward to seeing the team in action again. I will even watch the behind closed door games which will not be great but a bit like watching a reserve match (and I have watched plenty of those in the past).

They had someone on the radio last night talking about Germany starting there league and they said subs be Socially distancing the manager on the touchline needs to wear a mask but can lift it up to shout instructions! My god has it come to this.

So he has to wear a mask, apart from the one moment where he projects particles the furthest? Makes sense.

Ideally I am sure that football clubs would like to say to their players,the game is off whilst we have an infection but football is locked into the capitalist world and has been so for decades. The broadcasting deal is a major part of the UK football's revenue as is match-day income. These revenue streams are under threat. If you want football to surrender its revenues then they will cut expenses and where does that end?
Well lets hope one positive of this virus is the end to the capitalist nonsense and a return to the things that matter in life.

We have all had time to reflect in the last few months and things WILL CHANGE of that I am 100% certain

Yes. It seems a lot of people have piled in on football as a sport in recent months. Perhaps they are just venting their frustrations at the current crisis. No one would argue that a lot of greed and selfishness has been shown by those who run football but, for me, it is still the best sport in the world.
I started watching City live in 1968 (glory-hunter) but what we have all seen in the last decade has been breathtaking and magical. You can't blame football for the current crisis and I will be glad to welcome it back when it is safe and appropriate.
City are a central part of the Manchester community and have been for 126 years. Our owners have invested billions in the city of Manchester and the club is helping vulnerable groups and NHS staff through the crisis.
It's a personal choice for everyone but I am not giving up on City now and am looking forward to seeing the team in action again. I will even watch the behind closed door games which will not be great but a bit like watching a reserve match (and I have watched plenty of those in the past).

That’s pretty much how I see it Bobby. I started watching the youth team and reserves in 75/76 but didn’t see our first time live until 77, a thumping 6-2 win over Chelsea. I got the full 35 years (or whatever it was) without seeing us win a trophy but the bad years were never that bad IMHO. They have made the last decade of world class football and copious trophies all the more enjoyable.

I am proud to see how the people running City are helping to tackle the Coronavirus. Yes I have the odd gripe about how the Club is run including the cost of tickets, but the treatment of our fans has improved by leaps and bounds since the Lee and Swales eras.

I see a small minority of Blues trying to blame our Club for everything from the Premier League’s efforts to restart the season behind closed doors to not giving season ticket refunds to people who have cancelled their season cards and fell they need a reality check. Everyone’s entitled to their views of course but some people need to have a look at the greed Liverpool and Spurs have shown during the pandemic and be grateful that our Club is supporting local communities.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.