COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
my daughter is about to give birth, she was taken in last night to be induced. i'm shitting it that she's looked after.

She'll be fine pal. My grandson was born 3 weeks ago and mother and baby doing fine. Tough not being able to hold him though. My lad has got him in a City kit already!

Last edited:
Right.
But this pub has never done so before. And reading govt rules only allowed to do this if previously sold takeaway food.
If this is the case why are all pubs not doing it?

Off licences have been registered as essential by the government, I suspect that any establishment that has a licence to sell alcohol can sell it as long as social distancing is adhered to bud.

Even if we do that, I reckon it will end up like MRSA where it just magically appears and keeps killing a bunch of vulnerable people.

It doesn’t just magically appear - it’s passed on through cross contamination and the lack of adequate PPE in hospitals and care homes is just one of the factors in this.

Hospitals test for MRSA when patients are admitted and if they’re found to have it, should be isolated in a side room. I know for a fact that the MRI haven’t followed this procedure due to lack of beds/side rooms (I had a friend who contracted it following an operation last year). He contracted both MRSA and VRE whilst he was in there and they kept him on a general ward with a curtain around his bed to isolate him!

Oh dear,
In Spain we cannot enter a supermarket without first gel washing hands then donning free plastic gloves. The local Council provides us with masks via post.
Lidl have even stopped using baskets and insist use of trolleys to help with distancing.
Tomorrow some Provinces have qualified for stage 1 relaxation but no relaxation of the PPE measures I said.
Ive been saying for weeks that supermarkets need to get rid of baskets as they encourage people to go more frequently or attract timekillers. Do a weekly shop.

Gloves only keep the wearer safe. If you touch something contaminated with a glove , it will still be passed on to the next thing you touch.

Which is why you need to wipe everything down with anti bacterial wipes when you get your shopping home.

Basically, anything that is in the public domain that they can/have touched is a contamination risk.

We had some bad news yesterday morning that the brother in law passed away in Leighton Hospital,Crewe.He had been in for nearly two weeks with terrible back pain,which eventually was found to be two ulcers pressing on his vertebrae.
We thought because of the nature of his rapid demise that it could have been cancer.
My wife spoke to her sister within the last hour and he passed away with this shit virus,which he contacted from somewhere in the 5 different wards he had been in.
She was allowed to go and visit him,fully gowned,with all the PPE.Our nephew phoned the hospital late last night and was told NOT to contact his Mum for 14 days as she was now under the self isolation system.He was devastated at the thought of not being able to give his Mum a hug,nor visit her at this terrible time.They also have another son and likewise the same situation for him.
We`ve already planned that Rex will be buried with just the immediate family being present and when hopefully all returns to normal (yes I know it never might) we will get together as one big family and give him the send off he deserves.
RIP Rex you really were a great bloke.

That's sad to hear, Oakie. All the best to you and the family.

We had some bad news yesterday morning that the brother in law passed away in Leighton Hospital,Crewe.He had been in for nearly two weeks with terrible back pain,which eventually was found to be two ulcers pressing on his vertebrae.
We thought because of the nature of his rapid demise that it could have been cancer.
My wife spoke to her sister within the last hour and he passed away with this shit virus,which he contacted from somewhere in the 5 different wards he had been in.
She was allowed to go and visit him,fully gowned,with all the PPE.Our nephew phoned the hospital late last night and was told NOT to contact his Mum for 14 days as she was now under the self isolation system.He was devastated at the thought of not being able to give his Mum a hug,nor visit her at this terrible time.They also have another son and likewise the same situation for him.
We`ve already planned that Rex will be buried with just the immediate family being present and when hopefully all returns to normal (yes I know it never might) we will get together as one big family and give him the send off he deserves.
RIP Rex you really were a great bloke.

Thats really awful news mate..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.