Townsend
Rossi (no laughing at the back)

Playing

Hackett
Clapton
Moore
May
Lifeson

No expert but two of my lads are both very competent guitar players, my youngest studied popular guitar at the RNCM for four years, so he’s pretty good. They both rate a little known guitar player called Guthrie Govern as the best all round player they have ever seen. Best ever Mancunian guitarist, Mike Walker from the Jazz band the Impossible Gentlemen.

Feel slightly embarrassed for not including Gary Moore in my 5 used to see him walk by my house with his guitar waiting for the bus into town,on a side note my brother knocked about with him as well when kids ..
Gary is the number 1 for me,simply on another level ,remember reading some of your stories about him before.

cant wait for an autobiography about him later this year,August release date, called " white knuckles "

Gary Moore - for reasons stated previously
Hendrix - obviously
Slash - we know he’s not the best in the world but there’s few cooler and he’s the one who really hooked me to a guitar
Tony Iommi - the godfather
Dimebag Darrell - just immense

I'd temper that with the fact that there's numerous instances of Page being 'inspired' by others in a lot of Zeppelins output.

I've noticed that there's not a whole lot of jazz representation in some of the suggestions, but Wes Montgomery is up there for me.
haha do you mean all those old blues standards that had been about for decades only to be "copyrighted" as original material by artists led by record companies as a way of making money? Even the Stairway one was lost in court. take "Boogie with Stu" partially credited to "Mrs Valens so Ritchie Valens mother could get some royalties as it's basically a riff on "Ooh my head" except The execs who owned Valens music rights sued so His mother ended up with nothing receiving no royalties from his work. Valen's "ooh my head" is basically as reworking of "ohh my soul" by Little Richard anyway

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.