COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll be interested to see how places like the Trafford Centre will handle social distancing when they can, supermarkets have space for people to queue shops inside the TC it will be impossible, same with the Arndale.

I'm really curious about this too. My mum's worked at River Island in their for about 20 years. Bit nervous as to how they're gonna deal with it. Got a feeling it could be bad news for shops.

So everyone who can't work from home needs to get back to work if they can, but they hope shops and schools might open in stage 2? Meanwhile they will be planning on sorting out some guidelines on how to safely get back to work, but they are telling everyone to go back to work before those guidelines have been sorted out?

My union has teamed up with two other unions and their last message told us that unless the government can ensure their conditions for returning to work can be met, that we should not return to work.

Unions don't pay wages though, do they? Once the rate of pay with the furlough scheme is reduced then people will have to get back to work.

I conveniently missed off nothing, I provided the direct quote, none of which insisted on SD if you cannot work from home.

“So, work from home if you can, but you should go to work if you can’t work from home.”

As long as the employer or business follows the Covid safe advice which is available.

If you can go to work and socially distance surely you can visit relatives and socially distance
The new official line is "limit contact with other people" not avoid it altogether but people will doubtless interpret that as they want, I think the problem is that most people won't read the detailed guidance which may be more precise when it's updated.

What if the company says it's fine to return & when you do, the distancing thing isn't adhered to ?
That's exactly what i've found in my work, it's impossible to distance 100% of the time

I've found that too, it is as you say impossible.
I understand,if you can drive to destinations,get out have a picnic doing distancing then can't he go to his they home so long as he stays there and sticks to distancing? I really don't know,this is the grey areas that people will think I can do that

I agree it's very grey. What I'd say is that, yes go the park, so long as it's in a certain mile radius from where you live, have a few hours there sticking to the 2m rule. Don't be driving to Bournemouth for a day out when you live in Manchester. Surely taking the baby steps now is better than diving in head first and possibly making things 10x worse

It's how you interpret the info I suppose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.