COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, but then again, they don't live in a country with the highest number of mortalities. Those deaths are tiresome, I agree.

Even if we had one of the lowest the same level of criticism would be hurled and we’d probably have people in meltdown about the economy collapsing and how it’s all Boris’s fault.

honestly, I’m not a boris or a Tory fan - they’ve clearly made many mistakes during this crisis - but tonight’s speech was expected and nothing dramatic was going to happen - yet everyone’s going mad about it. It’s pretty obvious we’re back in Brexit territory where it’s opinion overload and political point scoring at all costs.

so do ours put covid on death certificate if suspected
I think it’s up to the doctor whether to put it as a contributory factor but I believe that it only counted in the figures if it’s confirmed by a test, unless the guidelines have changed recently. It wouldn’t be put as the primary cause without a test.

He cant win I totally agree.

Yeah he can. Some just have higher standards than others. If he had said the following people would have been a lot happier:

- plans to test a minimum 100k people a day with no exception
- plans to antibody test parts of the UK to ascertain where we are before getting back to work. Let us know how many they think have had it etc. Any updates in immunity?
- clear safety measures to be put in place and checked before businesses let staff return to work, plus how they plan to enforce this
- clear reasoning as to why its okay to see your work colleagues and bosses but you cant see your family from a distance
- an update on the contact tracing app and how its working and when itll be rolled out nationwide
- what exactly is being done to protect care homes
- an explanation as to the weird france only quarantine exception
- what people are meant to do on public transport if they have to go to work. Masks? Why not provide people with them?
- any more PPE updates for workers?
- any attempt at explaining why we shouldn't be worried that these changes won't put the R above 1. Just anything. Explain some of the science. It'd be useful.
- in general just 'why now?'. What exactly puts us at 4 going into 3. And then 3 into 2. Etc. Will we go back into lockdown if it goes up again? Just more info please.
- if he had just been fucking honest with us. Pretending we've been really successful is incredibly disengenuous when you look at the numbers dead. Show humility. Say theres things we could do better and maybe there's areas we've reacted too slowly. Just honesty. It goes a long way.

There are still loads of areas to improve. Lots of unanswered questions. If they cant do some of those things yet, explain why and then when. Honesty. If he'd be as instructive and as helpful as all that up there I'd have said fair fucks and appreciated it. Most would. As it is he really needs to do better. It left uncertainty. We need less of that where possible. We don't have to accept low standards.

Last edited:
I thought the message was that it is incumbent on all employers to make the places of work safe by introducing appropriate social distancing measures.

Ideally that should be in conjunction with the workforce but if not it should be enforceable by the authorities if they get a tip off it’s unsafe.

It isn't being enforced by authorities now if it's known to be unsafe, so it's hard to see it being enforced once it starts happening on a larger scale.

No buses for me anymore I will have to get myself a segway

tenor.gif

Yeah he can. Some just have higher standards than others. If he had said the following people would have been a lot happier:

- plans to test a minimum 100k people a day with no exception
- plans to antibody test parts of the UK to ascertain where we are before getting back to work
- clear safety measures to be put in place and checked before businesses let staff return to work, plus how they plan to enforce this
- clear reasoning as to why its okay to see your work colleagues and bosses but you cant see your family from a distance
- an update on the contact tracing app and how its working and when itll be rolled out nationwide
- what exactly is being done to protect care homes
- an explanation as to the weird france only quarantine exception
- what people are meant to do on public transport if they have to go to work. Masks? Why not provide people with them?
- any more PPE updates for workers?
- any attempt at explaining why we shouldn't be worried that these changes won't put the R above 1. Just anything. Explain some of the science. It'd be useful.
- in general just 'why now?'. What exactly puts us at 4 going into 3. And then 3 into 2. Etc. Will we go back into lockdown if it goes up again? Just more info please.
- if he had just been fucking honest with us. Pretending we've been really successful is incredibly disengenuous when you look at the numbers dead. Show humility. Say theres things we could do better and maybe there's areas we've reacted too slowly. Just honesty. It goes a long way.

There are still loads of areas to improve. Lots of unanswered questions. If they cant do some of those things yet, explain why and then why. Honesty. If he'd be as instructive and as helpful as all that up there I'd have said fair fucks and appreciated it. Most would. As it is he really needs to do better. It left uncertainty. We need less of that where possible. We don't have to accept low standards.

excellent post

I think it’s up to the doctor whether to put it as a contributory factor but I believe that it only counted in the figures if it’s confirmed by a test, unless the guidelines have changed recently. It wouldn’t be put as the primary cause without a test.

If it’s on the death certificate ie died with covid (even suspected ) it’s in the stats whether primary or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.