COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have done absolutely nothing but attack the government hysterically for weeks. So forgive me for saying you are talking shit.you have been point scoring daily. Say what you want - you simply have.

Yeah cos they've done nothing but lied to us and spun shite on a daily basis. If they hadn't I'd support them. I literally listed a whole list of things I'd be chuffed to see the government announce. Wanting them to succeed is not the same as cheering and whooping on any old shite even if it doesnt work. I'll applaud them when they get it right.

Yeah he can. Some just have higher standards than others. If he had said the following people would have been a lot happier:

- plans to test a minimum 100k people a day with no exception
- plans to antibody test parts of the UK to ascertain where we are before getting back to work. Let us know how many they think have had it etc. Any updates in immunity?
- clear safety measures to be put in place and checked before businesses let staff return to work, plus how they plan to enforce this
- clear reasoning as to why its okay to see your work colleagues and bosses but you cant see your family from a distance
- an update on the contact tracing app and how its working and when itll be rolled out nationwide
- what exactly is being done to protect care homes
- an explanation as to the weird france only quarantine exception
- what people are meant to do on public transport if they have to go to work. Masks? Why not provide people with them?
- any more PPE updates for workers?
- any attempt at explaining why we shouldn't be worried that these changes won't put the R above 1. Just anything. Explain some of the science. It'd be useful.
- in general just 'why now?'. What exactly puts us at 4 going into 3. And then 3 into 2. Etc. Will we go back into lockdown if it goes up again? Just more info please.
- if he had just been fucking honest with us. Pretending we've been really successful is incredibly disengenuous when you look at the numbers dead. Show humility. Say theres things we could do better and maybe there's areas we've reacted too slowly. Just honesty. It goes a long way.

There are still loads of areas to improve. Lots of unanswered questions. If they cant do some of those things yet, explain why and then when. Honesty. If he'd be as instructive and as helpful as all that up there I'd have said fair fucks and appreciated it. Most would. As it is he really needs to do better. It left uncertainty. We need less of that where possible. We don't have to accept low standards.

Fs there isn’t a reliable antibody test or the whole world would be using it.

you may as well say a reliable cure so we can go back to work

Not true. His exact words:
"We said that you should work from home if you can, and only go to work if you must. We now need to stress that anyone who can’t work from home, for instance those in construction or manufacturing, should be actively encouraged to go to work." (my bold).
Yep fair enough he did, but he emphasised those two I thought.

I've already said "what a mess", not sure what else can be said, its bad for employees, and employers, my missus can't "work from home", and she's now in flap about whether she should go to work tomorrow, but she works in a dentist that can't treat patients anyway. Far far more questions than answers, it would have been far better to just continue as we are, with increased outside time, the bit about schools is delayed and dependent on other factors, so I don't have an issue with that bit, but what about parents asked to go to work tomorrow, who looks after their kids ?

Also the media aren't helping, watching the bbc news just now they said you can play sport, but they never mentioned the "only with a member of your household" bit, that's poor reporting and adds to the overall confused message.

Yeah cos they've done nothing but lied to us and spun shite on a daily basis. If they hadn't I'd support them. I literally listed a whole list of things I'd be chuffed to see the government announce. Wanting them to succeed is not the same as cheering and whooping on any old shite even if it doesnt work. I'll applaud them when they get it right.

Mask slipped - nice try though. Took you one post to revert to type.

No buses for me anymore I will have to get myself a segway

tenor.gif

Nice to see @gordondaviesmoustache is en route to Mary D's

yeah a lot of it was unicorns

Fs there isn’t a reliable antibody test or the whole world would be using it.

you may as well say a reliable cure so we can go back to work

There are plenty of ones with higher reliability than others. Germany and NYC have conducted tests and they're confident in them. And anyway, as I said - if they cant do it, explain why. That's fair enough. He should tell us. I have no problem with timelines. Also you picked out one problem. What about the rest? Not unreasonable?

https://assets.publishing.service.g...l-certificates-of-cause-of-death-covid-19.pdf

paras 3 and 4 on death certificate without a test . Another fuck up why our figures are so high.
I don’t think that means they’re counted in the stats if it’s just suspected. I only skim read it but it seemed that a doctor can put Covid as a cause on a death certificate before it’s confirmed by test, then a further notification is made when the result comes through to put it on the official stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.