COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're a grown adult and you literally idolise Boris Johnson. We all know this. Fine. It doesn't make anyone who doesnt a dick. Get over it.

Once again. I want him to succeed cos I want my family to live. I want your family to live. I want everyone on this forum's family to live. Do you hand on heart believe that I'd take my parents dying to make the Tories look bad? Come on man.

Let’s strongly agree to disagree. You have shown your feelings very evidently for several weeks. Stay safe.

There are very few people on here if at all want the gov to fail,this is fucking serious,it is not a game,those insisting no mistakes have been made really do all of those who have died a disservice and all of the millions in this country who are truly fearful what is coming next

Yep. Its bigger than political squabbling. Literally life and death. I really dont like Boris Johnson, but I could quite happily change my opinion of him if he nailed this response. I suspect many will feel the same.

honestly, I’m not a boris or a Tory fan - they’ve clearly made many mistakes during this crisis - but tonight’s speech was expected and nothing dramatic was going to happen - yet everyone’s going mad about it. It’s pretty obvious we’re back in Brexit territory where it’s opinion overload and political point scoring at all costs.
I don't think that's fair, lots of people now have lots of questions they didn't have at 6:59pm tonight, when the advice was "stay at home", it should have been left like that, with the bit about more exercise, and the future instead people are now wondering if they should be at work in 10 hours time, and there will be employers insisting they are, and who looks after their kids. It's caused unnecessary stress for a lot of people, and there was no need to do that, it's already stressful situation for a lot people.

Yeah cos they've done nothing but lied to us and spun shite on a daily basis. If they hadn't I'd support them. I literally listed a whole list of things I'd be chuffed to see the government announce. Wanting them to succeed is not the same as cheering and whooping on any old shite even if it doesnt work. I'll applaud them when they get it right.
To be honest mate don't get worked up. Everybody but a few diehard Tories know that Johnson is completely unsuitable for the job he's found himself in. He's surrounded himself with other incompetents.
The UK could be doing better but I don't necessarily blame the public. Complete lack of focussed leadership hasn't delivered a coherent message. Whether this is by accident or design I don't know.
I suspect like with Brexit they're just making it up on the hoof.
No doubt the usual suspects won't like this but if Corbyn was in charge with these numbers they'd be all over him like a rash.

I don't think that's fair, lots of people now have lots of questions they didn't have at 6:59pm tonight, when the advice was "stay at home", it should have been left like that, with the bit about more exercise, and the future instead people are now wondering if they should be at work in 10 hours time, and there will be employers insisting they are, and who looks after their kids. It's caused unnecessary stress for a lot of people, and there was no need to do that, it's already stressful situation for a lot people.

equally there’s people that NEED to go back to work - for some industry’s like construction that is possible if they really stick to social distancing and he made that clear tonight - whatever steps are taken it will be stressful for a lot of people. There’s simply no winning for the Government at this stage of the virus - and yes, part of that reason is because of the Goverments slow response to the crises - but right now, I believe they are really trying to get the balance right in protecting people’s healths and the economy - and it’s clear it’s a monumental task

equally there’s people that NEED to go back to work - for some industry’s like construction that is possible if they really stick to social distancing - whatever steps are taken it will be stressful for a lot of people. There’s simply no winning for the Government at this stage of the virus - and yes, part of that reason is because of the Goverments slow response to the crises - but right now, I believe they are really trying to get the balance right in protecting people’s healths and the economy - and it’s clear it’s a monumental task

Have to say you have been really fair minded during this. Traditionally you are a remainer and a liberal : labour voter I know but you have been incredibly reasonable towards the government unlike many others.

give us the fuxking answers then smart arse the floor is yours .......
Well firstly I haven't criticised anything Johnson said tonight, I've just criticised you for calling people pathetic for daring to criticise your beloved Boris. So I'm not sure why you think I need to give any fuxking answers to anything? But if you're going to push me then I guess a little bit more clarity from him might have been nice so that there aren't so many people confused about what is going on from tomorrow morning. Or he could have left things as they were for a few days until he could provide the detail/clarity that people/firms feel they need. You may feel that he has provided all the clarity needed but clearly many people don't feel that they have the clarity they need and they are voicing those concerns. That doesn't make them pathetic. Anyhow, I stand by my post, you are pathetic if you think people shouldn't complain about their government if those people believe that government is not meeting their expectations. Furthermore if you really believe people shouldn't criticise a government on the basis that they don't have the answers to running the country themselves then you should be embarrassed because that is an utterly puerile point of view.

Yeah, I really do. Do you think I want tens of thousands to die just to make a political point? I want my loved ones safe! If he gives any reason to support him I will do. Their response so far has been poor though.
You have done absolutely nothing but attack the government hysterically for weeks. So forgive me for saying you are talking shit.you have been point scoring daily. Say what you want - you simply have.

Read the 50 page document if you want clarity.
Can you 2 take this to PM's or the political thread, most aren't interested in your petty squabbles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.