Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
When he's done it for 10 seasons I might put him in the same bracket as a few others, not based on two seasons where he's currently won the equivalent of 2 charity shields and a European Cup. Sorry looks like this year's league ain't gonna count, unlucky!

Until I've seen Vvd play with less than 3 defensive midfielders I cant put him above any of the true prem greats. If lescott or nico had 3 x dms, sympathetic refs and VAR they would look rolls Royce as well. Kompany and laporte have looked world class with 1 dm and attacking fullback. Not saying vvd doesnt look good but he is very well protected. Let's see next season, now teams will want to defend deep (avoiding the Allardyce thump to the corner for speed merchants) and hit them on the break. They wont create with 3 x dms and will have to drop 1 or 2. Then we will see his hamstrings tested as he is turned around with space behind.

Until I've seen Vvd play with less than 3 defensive midfielders I cant put him above any of the true prem greats. If lescott or nico had 3 x dms, sympathetic refs and VAR they would look rolls Royce as well. Kompany and laporte have looked world class with 1 dm and attacking fullback. Not saying vvd doesnt look good but he is very well protected. Let's see next season, now teams will want to defend deep (avoiding the Allardyce thump to the corner for speed merchants) and hit them on the break. They wont create with 3 x dms and will have to drop 1 or 2. Then we will see his hamstrings tested as he is turned around with space behind.
I'd like to see how he would have coped in Pellegrini's 4-4-2 :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.