COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
_112224141_stages_lockdown_alt_3x_640-nc.png
And already this is no longer the advice.
The current one , on the BBC says construction and engineering to start on Wednesday. It has been moved from Monday.
13.06 on here.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-52612438

Government seem to be deliberately vague in these interviews now to put the onus on the general public, you need to be concise and clear in every point if you give our population an inch they will take a mile.

I think the next few months are going to be devastating even worse than it is now.

Government seem to be deliberately vague in these interviews now to put the onus on the general public, you need to be concise and clear in every point if you give our population an inch they will take a mile.

I think the next few months are going to be devastating even worse than it is now.
While I understand your thinking, some things at the margin are best left to discretion. It’s a trait of many people (not you) to ask nit-shit questions instead of using common sense. Then certain government reps - either because they are poorly briefed or just not very nimble - swallow the bait and fcuk up the answer.

You can’t legislate for every last detail. If you try, you’ll almost inevitably fall foul of the law of unintended consequences.

Although they’ve made some boo-boos, I also believe the government have bent over backwards to be non-dictatorial and non-confrontational, and to treat the public as having some intelligence. Not a popular view on here but it’s something I go along with. Personally, I don’t like to be micro-managed.

Having said all that, there is some middle ground here.

Not seeing as many articles on how research into treatment & vaccines are going of late (and there’s probs my a multitude of reasons for that).
Are we generally looking at going over the trenches now and taking as many hits (but with careful dodging) as we can to enter that herd immunity?
What the latest on those who’ve had the virus being free of secondary infections?

May have been addressed but what’s to drop anyone who wants to come here and avoid quanrantine travelling through France?
Or if I fly to Nice, get the train or hire a car go around Italy for a bit, fly back from Nice. Is it no quarantine. But fly to Milan drive around Italy a bit fly back fromMilan 2 weeks quarantine. Can’t see any sensible reasoning to a French exemption.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.