Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

That is a great point about huge swathes of the NHS staff doing fuck all currently. There is a small proportion of front line staff doing a great job but apart from that many don't have any day to day work currently. There is the usual over sentimentality whereby all NHS staff are perceived as selfless angels, even though many aren't actually doing anything right now.
Rubbish. My daughter is a nurse and has been working nearly every day on 14 hour shifts (including working 4 out of 7 days she was supposed to be on leave) simply because there are not enough staff (at one point 15 out of 20 nurses were off sick).

If the epidemic returns then the chances of football will recede but if it continues to ebb slowly away then I don't see why it can not resume just like many other parts of life. And football, even without fans is one of the better parts of life.
Sorry to disagree, but football without the fans is nothing.

Just hearing on LBC news that premier league given go ahead by government from 1st June onwards, as long as the ‘R’ allows it. Now down to the players...

It's being reported that the government will approve Project Restart tomorrow subject to suitable safety precautions and no increase in the R rate (briefing to the Torygraph). Also suggestions that at least eight clubs are opposed to neutral venues
If eight teams are opposed to the restart the vote (to restart) will fail as at least 14 teams need to vote in favour.

On another note, I just read that the clubs that have reopened training facilities are only allowed to have three players on the premises at the same time. My question is even if the season was allowed to restart how on earth could any coach prepare a team to play when he hasn’t worked with them as a group.

So, we will have no contact games played between teams that haven’t trained together, haven’t prepared and have no tactics. Probably just as well there’ll be no spectators!

It’s time to call a halt to this nonsense. If the league are so desperate to award to title to the Dippers just do it. They will be forever remembered as 2019/20 Champions*

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.