COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guidelines state the following:

For the foreseeable future, workers should continue to work from home rather than their normal physical workplace, wherever possible. People who are able to work at home make it possible for people who have to attend workplaces in person to do so while minimising the risk of overcrowding on transport and in public places. All workers who cannot work from home should travel to work if their workplace is open. As soon as practicable, workplaces should follow the new “COVID-19 Secure” guidelines, as set out in the previous chapter, which will be published this week. These will ensure the risk of infection is as low as possible, while allowing as many people as possible to resume their livelihoods.

Seems pretty straight forward to me.
2pm today does not help all those who had to go into work today squashed on the tube

Whether or not you agree with the idea of relaxing the phoney lockdown, some of this just looks bizarre.

" you can also sit and rest outside – exercise or recreation can be alone, with members of your household, or with one other person from outside your household, while keeping two metres apart at all times"

So 5 people from one household can meet another person from a different household but two couples who regularly go out for meals together (*) can't meet each other but you could meet one of them and infect them so they go home and give it to the other half.

* just anticipating the dogging references

yeah i thought this was a weird one, bit of a strange position to take - why not say 1 household can meet another, only outside, and keeping 2m apart? as it is, the wife and I, and our mates close by can meet one of them, and the other the next night. and then vice versa? * either which way we will all meet in various permutations, just not quite the one we want

* anticipating swinging references

Missing Gelson's Dad's graph Very helpful. But if I understand the raw English hospital death data right - 45 new deaths for yesterday, 76 added for day before (taking to 109), 18 added to day before (taking to 153), 15 for day before that (taking to 190) and 3 for day before (taking to 220).Oh and 64 of the 209 deaths reported today from over the past weeks were in the north west.

Hopefully that is correct.

Two new strains have changed their protein spikes.
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/may/10/scientists-concerned-that-coronavirus-is-adapting-to-humans
That may result in vaccines becoming useless before they're available. Tests may be rendered null and void too.

Vaccines cause this kind of mutation because of selection anyway. It's why we still get flu.

I don't think we'll ever have a vaccine that means this all goes away.

Because of the above, testing and reacting quickly to the results has never been more important.

For most in our population they seem to believe that the lockdown can be lifted at some determined point where we'll drink some magic juice and this will all go away.......

That is not going to happen.

Fucking blue peter

So as not to place added pressure on supplies needed by NHS staff and care home workers, the government has issued instructions for making face masks at home, using elastic bands and cotton fabric or an old T-shirt

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavi...blic-transport-heres-how-to-make-one-11986567

I actually think that this is a sensible move if, for whatever reason, masks are low in supply and there's a genuine concern a rush to buy them will leave essential workers short.

I would rather they say this than lie and tell us we don't need them so as to hide the fact we don't have enough.

yeah i thought this was a weird one, bit of a strange position to take - why not say 1 household can meet another, only outside, and keeping 2m apart? as it is, the wife and I, and our mates close by can meet one of them, and the other the next night. and then vice versa? * either which way we will all meet in various permutations, just not quite the one we want

* anticipating swinging references

This is what baffles me more than anything, its complete bollocks, so I can meet my mate without his mrs or kids in the park as long as we sit 2 metres apart or I could go to the park with all my household and sit right next to another household as long as we stay 2 metres apart, why cant said other household be my mate, his mrs and kids?

Fucking shambles from start to this point from a bunch if inept cunts 'running' our country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.