Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m saving you face because you are embarrassing yourself by jumping around with what you are saying in attempt to try and somehow win an argument on the internet - in your mind - not in anyone else’s.

We have clearly established that players won’t shun us if we hardball Sane which was the main thing in dispute.
he's forgotten that he made that point, I think.

Followed the discussion recently as a Bayern fan since this topic also leads to a endless discussion on our side (please don't lynch me bc I am from the "enemy" side).

First of all, I understand the frustration over the situation for many reasons:
- its never nice to (potentially) lose a player which is an important piece of the team (same happened to us with Kroos)
- the behaviour in many ways of our club responsibles (and our clown who we call "sports directors") has been disrespectful and ashaming, my apologies as a Bayern fan for that

Nevertheless there are a few crazy points going on in this discussion here:
- Bayern has never had problems with the FFP of UEFA and it is ridiculous to claim that they changed the rules in our favour. Our club has a long history with hard earned money and our transfer spendings are only a minor part of the ManCity spendings over the last decade. Your club is the one with a multi billionaire owner in the background pumping money into the club - and that's a fact without any judgement from my side. I know how the business works and you have to accept it as long as it goes with the rules (which is obviously doubtable due to the new investigations)

- Bayern certainly is not a club who treats the players like shite as some of you claim here. The one thing we can be proud of is the close relation within the club which is why many former players confirm that Bayern is like a family (ask Ribery and Robben e.g.). I don't know how exactly things are within your club but the public made treatment with Yaya Toure tells a different story than being a more social and well treating club than Bayern.

- "Bayern should be squeezed out because of how the whole thing played out" - No, its your side which should be squeezed out. First, if Sane decides to leave or stay that is his personal choice, there is nothing City or Bayern can do. Sane obviously decided to leave (i don't know how much stake is on Bayern side to influence that decision in the beginning, my impression is more Sanes role under Guardiola but anyway). According to many reports last summer, City allowed Bayern to start talks with Sane (so don't blame Bayern for the talks if your club allowed that). This looks like City was accepting to sell Sane for a fair price (the 150 million Euro are btw not a fair price for a bench player, this sum is simply ridiculous again but okay). At the point they came close to a agreement it was pure STUPIDITY to play him in the game against Pool. If you want to sell a player for this huge amount of money you put him on the bench and never play him again until the move is completed. Now you wanted to set a statement by playing him and now you pay the price for taking that risk. Bayern is doing the right thing now to squeeze every million out of your side because you gambled - and from a neutral perspective you have to admit it. Corona situation comes on top as well as remaining contract period. You took a lot of risks and it turned out bad for you this time, these things happen but don't blame Bayern for the situation. And also don't be illusional and reject the offer to suffer a free transfer in one year, that won't make Sane stay. And in 6 months we can finalise a free move, not much time to start a bidding war with other clubs which put their big transfers on loan due to Corona (Bayern btw. has a lot of money aside and offers Sane over 20 million per year salary, just for the ones of you claiming that Bayern cannot offer a better package than City does)

- Lastly, Bayern was the one publicly bending over for you guys last summer. After your childish complain not to talk about Sane in the public we have apologised through media and also criticised our own "coach" at that time. I don't recall any other club doing such things before, just because we did not want to cause any trouble with you and the transfer. And lets be real: it happens a lot that clubs express their interest in other players publicly (see Perez from Madrid for example)

Again, I understand the emotions but please stick to reality a little bit. Cheers
Oh my days,your club was talking about buying sane every day since last may,we eventually slapped them down after months of daily nonsense,they are called German rags for a reason,disrespectful bullies who the rules don't apply to,you have a typical German rag attitude

Last edited:
I’m saving you face because you are embarrassing yourself by jumping around with what you are saying in attempt to try and somehow win an argument on the internet - in your mind - not in anyone else’s.

We have clearly established that players won’t shun us if we hardball Sane which was the main thing in dispute.
Punishing Sane and letting him rot in the reserves killing off his chances of going to the Euro's isn't going to have a positive impact on bringing players in is what was said, if it makes you feel better to spin that into a different context go for it.

Punishing Sane and letting him rot in the reserves killing off his chances of going to the Euro's isn't going to have a positive impact on bringing players in is what was said, if it makes you feel better to spin that into a different context go for it.

He is not spinning it into a different context. We have established it plenty of times that being tough with players has no impact on clubs’ future signings.

You are changing your stance like a bipolar person changes his/her mood.

this is not going to end well for sane unless he signs a new contract at city and then let city sell him to munich for the right market value if he want out

the club have stood behind sane all the way in his injury lay off and did all they could to help him back to full fitness and that's before we made him a rising up and coming star player, so sane should respect manchester city and not looking for a cheap way out. its only going to end in hate if he walks away for nothing or next to nothing and the respect we have for him will be gone

if the lad wants out because of family issues or want to go back to germany because he can not settle in england then do it the right way. and the fans will understand and will respect your move ? but playing a dirty trick and getting agents and others to do the dirty work, and then move to munich because of the money they have offered you in wages if you get a cheap move

sign a new deal at city and make the others pay the market value if they want you that bad ? that way you become known as somebody that is in football for the right reasons and you respect the club your at and the work they have put into your early years at city. and by the way you was not on peanuts at man city and the offer they made on a new contract was in line with the better players at the club at that age

greedy and making a fool of yourself is wanting out on the cheap show some respect and payback something to the club and the fans that stood behind you and give you that chance in the first place

Germany didn't pick him for the last world cup and he was fully fit and just had his best season. Was that City's fault too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.