COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
We shall just have to disagree.
The science is certain now hence the change in policy.
I can see why the change was delayed until today to protect the NHS but on the other hand fewer people may have caught the virus while shopping.
Keep regularly washing your hands everybody a cloth face covering does not make you a super hero.

I'll use that one myself, if you don't mind.

Re the science informing decisions, for now, I'll take the non-cynical approach. Much healthier to have faith :)

No political agenda here but this is car crash stuff, he’s so unbelievably unprepared. He’s spent his life in the public eye, why hasn’t he been given adequate training? No wonder he skipped all the tv debates last year. I doubt he will be doing many more of these after this, the others are at least adequate public speakers.

he is trying to get people back to work but just said you don’t need to if you have kids and no child care .

I guess everyone doesn’t have childcare from Wednesday !
Single parents yes, if there are two parents in the same household then one can go to work & one can stay home.
If i was in that position, i'd probably have picked going to work

Cart and horse come to mind here. Work out a plan,consult, anticipate the questions and problems work them through announce plan. This is announce plan then work it out on the hoof.

I think there is an element of some dark arts at work here.

He knows families will now likely convene in parks and outside space. It's been left open that way.

Like I said in my last post, he is testing the water. The government are well aware what could potentially happen in respect of people meeting.
This is crucial,it should be clear and not left open,say you can go and see family/friends so long as you talk to them through the closed window,or open window if you are at least two metres away,that is what people wanted to know more than anything else not the only one of you can meet a friend or family in the park,how are the police supposed to know who is related to who

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.