Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

It has always been the plan but the proposed return of football has got nothing to do with herd immunity. If the fans were there then you'd have a point.

Football's place in the lockdown will be the result of an economic impact and risk analysis. Football was never an essential industry so it was suspended but it is amongst one of the initial sectors to return because it has a high economic impact and low infection risk.
wtf

Pointless trying to have a serious discussion with you over this as you’ve made your mind up. However, the fans are what make the game what it is, without us it’s fucking pointless. What the desperation from people like yourself to see games on the tv that are going to be rendered a farce with ridiculous rule changes is beyond me.

People are fucking dying, and you’re upset that the football is cancelled!!

Read that and let it sink in.

What you going to do or say if someone like Kiddo contracts it and passes away? Or Roy Hodgson?
Anyone pushing for the football or any sport to come back should take a long look at their priorities.

100% spot on! Football behind closed doors is an insult to all match going fans. I'm a season ticket holder and will NOT be watching on tv. I go to games meeting my old man for a pint then chips and curry before the game. The atmosphere the feeling the nervousness all is apart of it . Sticking the TV on to an empty stadium is dead to me and you are welcome to it Marvin!

I'd rather cancel all football till its safe.. If we get vaccine within a year we all have to wait but you all are welcome to watch on tv to empty stadiums but I will not be watching..

I struggle to understand how the fuck they can continue to carry on with this crap. We all know why they are trying to do it, but, honestly. City have ten games of League football left, possibly three more FA Cup games, oh and the corruption league. Not that I give a fuck about that tournament, but we are already facing another disadvantage v Real, with no home support in our home game. How much more of this absolute bollocks can our media/PL churn out? Oh no VAR now, after that fucking disgrace has already delivered what they were hoping for. End the season now you puddings.

If they scrap VAR now mid season how would a club feel if they got relegated because of an offside goal was given whereas it would previously have been spotted

it’s now too ridiculous to even take any resumption seriously and I’m bailing out for the rest of this season

100% spot on! Football behind closed doors is an insult to all match going fans. I'm a season ticket holder and will NOT be watching on tv. I go to games meeting my old man for a pint then chips and curry before the game. The atmosphere the feeling the nervousness all is apart of it . Sticking the TV on to an empty stadium is dead to me and you are welcome to it Marvin!

I'd rather cancel all football till its safe.. If we get vaccine within a year we all have to wait but you all are welcome to watch on tv to empty stadiums but I will not be watching..

Same here mate, one game played behind closed doors and that’s it for me, I’ll not be renewing, been debating it with the farce that’s VAR but this will be the final straw. I go to watch with my son and mates, to have the experience with them, good or bad.

Good shout mate. Complete disrespect to match going fans, and confirmation that we are meaningless, as if that needed confirming anyway. Won't waste a minute watching it on TV.

I can’t work out how football behind closed doors has an economic impact when there’s no fans spending a giving penny, the clubs have had their money from the TV companies and their sponsors.
That's conditional, I imagine to an extent anyway; if x amount of games are promised to be aired but are not then they don't get the money.

Regardless, Sky and BT won't want to be the reason some clubs collapse. They'll push the boundaries to get their payday but I just can't see them crippling the leagues. It would be a prime case of cutting your nose off to spite your face

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.