Today in 2003 - Film of Maine Road's last league game

The owner of that should contact Will McTaggart at the North West Film Archive to ensure it's preserved long after Youtube or the account on Youtube has disappeared.
Hi Gary. I’ve signed back into Bluemoon forum after 7 years ! Someone left a message on my Video today to get in touch . Yes this is my footage. Took my little camcorder in as a record of the day. Was recorded on a Hi8 camera. Still live in south Manchester and still a season ticket holder.

Hi Gary. I’ve signed back into Bluemoon forum after 7 years ! Someone left a message on my Video today to get in touch . Yes this is my footage. Took my little camcorder in as a record of the day. Was recorded on a Hi8 camera. Still live in south Manchester and still a season ticket holder.
It’d be worth contacting Will McTaggart at the NW Film Archive. I’ll send you a private message tomorrow with his details. Cheers

Last game, full stop - surely.

Techincally no as the last match by a proper official city team (ie not the fan matches that came in later weeks) was the Under 20s final about 5 days later, you paid to get in, city opened the main stand, it was the proper last match - a few future blues were in the team (i have the teamsheet somwhere, ireland i think, and nedum). An official competitive match by a city team, so it counts as the last one, just get overlooked by most ;) I was there, rushed out by a miserable steward at full time who just didn't grasp the occasion..

I agree. I was in a meeting where plans were talked and I know Bernard was worried that we'd all invade the pitch and take souvenirs, so I think that thinking played a part. I know Oasis said they wouldn't play. It ended up Doves, Badly Drawn Boy and an Oasis tribute act (can't remember their name). I stayed to the end but I did feel it was an anti climax ultimately. The youth game wasn't the final match though - there were sponsor games and a staff match (I think that was the actual last match played there but I'd have to go back and check my notes).

Had we left 15 years later we may well have had the full treatment WHU got but in 2003 the media weren't that bothered.
I think the tribute band were 'No Way Sis'

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.