Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

How can sky and bt ask for a rebate if the season is completed? Really dont understand this. Can anyone enlighten me.please?
I imagine it'd be like paying for designer clothes but being given knock-offs. The argument of "you're still clothed, aren't you?" wouldn't really fly.

There'll be God's amount of fine print and specifics in million pound contracts.

UEFA will extend their May 25th deadline if the #PremierLeague need more time to present their restart plans. UEFA accept the complex issues faced and are keen not to add pressure in an already delicate situation. [
@MailSport

Hmmm...interesting. It appears that the PL will lose between 300-350 mill TV money even if they can finish the season as the ‘product’ isn’t as contracted. This has led to some clubs questioning the rationale behind even trying to finish it.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-bill-to-broadcasters-even-if-season-finishes

Absolute bonkers. As has been said many times, this could all be worked out through the contracts for the next season. Think of it as advance to the clubs. Same clubs go again next season so all the stakeholders are the same.

And to say even if you finish the matches for 19-20 (under rules imposed by the government) we still want a rebate is laughable.

So the PL could have to repay £340m and possibly more if they don't finish the season. Perhaps they should join the rest of us and feel the pain? Just give the players a 90% pay cut across the board! They would still be millionaires. My heart bleeds! Not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.