Houssem Aouar

A quicker Gundogan that likes to dribble pretty much

I'm not sure about this guy. I mean he looks very talented and young so I believe he will only be better but if we don't get a left back, at least one CB, and replacement for Sane then this 40-50 million signing would be simply unnecessary. Aouar will not make the difference between us and Liverpool, world class CB will.

I'm not sure about this guy. I mean he looks very talented and young so I believe he will only be better but if we don't get a left back, at least one CB, and replacement for Sane then this 40-50 million signing would be simply unnecessary. Aouar will not make the difference between us and Liverpool, world class CB will.
True. Hopefully Sané, Angelino, Otamendi, some loan players, and maybe even Zinny, Stones and Gundogan (unlikely) will give us some extra money to spend. A quick CB should be the absolute biggest priority, then LB and then Aouar in that order. If we get a good LB like Telles I'm not sure we even need a Sané replacement as they'd play similar roles. I also want a more physical and faster box to box as a Rodri backup if he gets injured or if Pep wants to rotate

True. Hopefully Sané, Angelino, Otamendi, some loan players, and maybe even Zinny, Stones and Gundogan (unlikely) will give us some extra money to spend. A quick CB should be the absolute biggest priority, then LB and then Aouar in that order. If we get a good LB like Telles I'm not sure we even need a Sané replacement as they'd play similar roles. I also want a more physical and faster box to box as a Rodri backup if he gets injured or if Pep wants to rotate
We keep getting our head turned by shiny toys. Example, Stones & Otamendi were regressing and Kompany was leaving, so we spend a big chunk on another RB. Mahrez seemed an unnecessary addition when we had so many top wingers.

If we don't buy at least 1 top CB, we're going to suffer. He looks a good player, but Foden needs to play. If he came up through Lyon's ranks and had the same game time as Aouar, we'd be throwing 60mil at him. He's the most natural Dave replacement and wouldn't cost a penny. Concentrate on defence.

We keep getting our head turned by shiny toys. Example, Stones & Otamendi were regressing and Kompany was leaving, so we spend a big chunk on another RB. Mahrez seemed an unnecessary addition when we had so many top wingers.

If we don't buy at least 1 top CB, we're going to suffer. He looks a good player, but Foden needs to play. If he came up through Lyon's ranks and had the same game time as Aouar, we'd be throwing 60mil at him. He's the most natural Dave replacement and wouldn't cost a penny. Concentrate on defence.
We will sign a centre back guaranteed.

It seems to be the way we are doing things nowadays. We seem to only buy a players that meet our evaluation price. You can say not getting a CB hurt us this season and I wouldn't argue, but it's more about getting the right player even if it means waiting. That way it would better suit us in the long run. We needed a #6 for a while, but were put off by Fred's evaluation and when Jorginho went to Chelsea we didn't panic. Same with Maguire. We weren't willing to pay £80mil. A CB is probably the hardest position to play in our system and I'm sure were making sure we get the right one.

As far as Foden, I believe that he will play more even if Aouar will come in. In fact I belive we will see the both of them playing in the same line up in a few games. With both Dave and Leroy going we need players to play on the left side of our attack. Although the defence was a problem for us, our attack was also a problem. We didn't score against the Rags or Spurs.

Last edited:
It seems to be the way we are doing things nowadays. We seem to only buy a players that meet our evaluation price. You can say not getting a CB hurt us this season and I wouldn't argue, but it's more about getting the right player even if it means waiting. That way it would better suit us in the long run. We needed a #6 for a while, but were put off by Fred's evaluation and when Jorginho went to Chelsea we didn't panic. Same with Maguire. We weren't willing to pay £80mil. A CB is probably the hardest position to play in our system and I'm sure were making sure we get the right one.

As far as Foden, I believe that he will play more even if Aouar will come in. In fact I belive we will see the both of them playing in the same line up in a few games. With both Dave and Leroy going we need players to play on the left side of our attack. Although the defence was a problem for us, our attack was also a problem. We didn't score against the Rags or Spurs.
True, we seemed a bit limp for quite a few games last season; could be fatigue, game congestion, the news about the CL, anything.

I think Upamecano ticks all the boxes needed for a City CB - Tall, fast, strong, can play out the back, good passer, great recovery pace. Would also piss Munich off and has a reasonable release clause that we can probably use Angelino as part of. Bit concerning to see us linked with players like Bonucci.

Last edited:
Aouar is fantastic signing. Lyon seems willing to sell which probably means they want cash quickly. Usually Lyon are like Napoli, full of posturing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.