COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The idea that the Scottish and Welsh are happy to sit home whilst the proud English go out to save the economy is one that all the rabid patriots can get behind.
Not necessarily KHW, but plenty of others.

it’s not it’s about cost apportionment through the UK . There is nothing patriotic about it , it’s about finance allocation of the uk pot .

If a decision is taken for the Scottish to stay home for , say the next 6 months and not go to work , whereas England wales and Northern Ireland go back to work, Scotland should bear the cost of the furlough scheme for its decision.

there is nothing xenophobic about it whatsoever , stop it with your racist, xenophobic shite and think for a moment instead of jumping I with a boring lazy argument

it’s simple common sense .

if you have devolved administrations telling people to stay home and not go back to work absolutely fine no problem good for them, it’s a devolved power, do as you like

however if the English are told to go back to work now so not therefore relying on furlough scheme any longer it seems wrong doesn’t it .

The devolved powers should be free to extend the stay at home if they like but they should not rely on the central pot to pay for it. That cost should fall on the devolved administrations as well. It’s hardly a difficult concept.

as Spider-Man’s dad said. With great power comes responsibility.
As pointed out they didn’t want a central pot, however as we have to have one it’s free to use as the devolved powers allow them them to, not as they are told to do. Other wise whats the point of a devolved and elected parliament, if they have to do whatever Boris says.

it’s not it’s about cost apportionment through the UK . There is nothing patriotic about it , it’s about finance allocation of the uk pot .

If a decision is taken for the Scottish to stay home for , say the next 6 months and not go to work , whereas England wales and Northern Ireland go back to work, Scotland should bear the cost of the furlough scheme for its decision.

Since we're being hypothetical here. What if Scotland staying in lockdown for that extra 3 or 6 weeks prevents that god awful second peak. And what if it takes off in England and a draconian lockdown has to be reintroduced for a longer period of time than we've just had up until now. Are you quite happy that the second huge lockdown is paid for by only the English taxpayer if and when that happens, and those in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland are all back at work and getting on with their lives because they listened to the science? Completely hypothetical of course, but as far as this is concerned we're all in it together and the UK government should be trusting the devolved parliaments to be making the best decisions for their constituents at this horrible time, without second guessing it and suggesting any unfairness in the whole thing. Not having a dig, just another way of looking at it.

there is nothing xenophobic about it whatsoever , stop it with your racist, xenophobic shite and think for a moment instead of jumping I with a boring lazy argument

if you have devolved administrations telling people to stay home and not go back to work absolutely fine no problem good for them, it’s a devolved power, do as you like

however if the English are told to go back to work now so not therefore relying on furlough scheme any longer it seems wrong doesn’t it .

The devolved powers should be free to extend the stay at home if they like but they should not rely on the central pot to pay for it. That cost should fall on the devolved administrations as well. It’s hardly a difficult concept.

It was spidermans uncle but the rest rings true

So “Stay at home - get pissed - the English will pay” is a perfectly reasonable way to sum up your argument? Do me a fucking favour.

Since we're being hypothetical here. What if Scotland staying in lockdown for that extra 3 or 6 weeks prevents that god awful second peak. And what if it takes off in England and a draconian lockdown has to be reintroduced for a longer period of time than we've just had up until now. Are you quite happy that the second huge lockdown is paid for by only the English taxpayer if and when that happens, and those in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland are all back at work and getting on with their lives because they listened to the science? Completely hypothetical of course, but as far as this is concerned we're all in it together and the UK government should be trusting the devolved parliaments to be making the best decisions for their constituents at this horrible time, without second guessing it and suggesting any unfairness in the whole thing. Not having a dig, just another way of looking at it.

and that’s all fair . I think the uk government has not criticised the devolved countries response in what they have done.

I think given the vast majority of countries in Europe and the world are easing lockdown measures now I think it will be a matter of time anyway until Scotland wales and Northern Ireland follow suit . I have to say I don’t know what is happening in the Republic of Ireland and whether lockdown measures are easing there as well now, but I don’t think we are months away from a common policy

Hancock now saying that Scotland have not reduced level to be alert as their R rate is higher than in England. A quick look on the govt's own website shows the North East of England has the highest R rate in the UK yet us in the North East are now subject to the less stringent rules?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.